Mutual Funds - KYC Forms

Singam

Disciple
Recently got mails from mutual fund house saying to submit, kyc form. Undestood the process of getting a kyc acknowledgement from pos by submitting the docs.

The thing i didnt understand is whether one has to submit the KYC acknowledgment to every fund house(SBI, Reliance) as i have in both. :S
Or submitting to one of them is enough? :p

See there is common KYC for all the MF companies(well almost). Go to amfi's site, download the form, print attach documents and head to point of service(POS) they will process the KYC thingy give you acknowledgement and you are done. If the POS is the one managing your current MF's, give it there itself.(keep the folio no ready) or else simply mail them in there email address. You are done

One should be enough. KYC compliance is maintained centrally by CDSL. Get it done once and just let the other fund houses know your PAN number. They should be able to verify that you are KYC compliant.

You can check your KYC status here

CDSL Ventures Limited

Just fill the form and submit it at nearest POS. POS list available at AMFI website. Remember to carry original documents for verification while submitting form.

You have to take a print out of the KYC Confirmation from the CDSL site once you are KYC compliant, self attest the same & send it to each fund house

KYC can be done through CDSL.

But make sure you need to be compliant for every fund house and every different folio number in each and every fund house. Its a must now from 1st Jan onwards.

So basically after getting my acknowledgement, send email to every fund house the acknowledgement + folio no + Pan card no.

Right?

Some are saying, sending to one of them is enough.

Singam said:
So basically after getting my acknowledgement, send email to every fund house the acknowledgement + folio no + Pan card no.

Right?

Some are saying, sending to one of them is enough.

You have to send the self attested acknowledgement to every fund house where you hold units

You can check your status online for every fund house for KYC compliance if you have IPIN or you can call them up & enquire.

Most MF houses have toll free numbers.

If it says you are KYC complaint, then no need to send the acknowledgement, but if it says not compliant then just post the acknowledgement to the nearest office

Email will not suffice as it requires self attestation & has to be sent is physical format only

Moreover, if you have more then 1 folio number in any fund house in the same name , you can always merge all the folios in 1 folio without any charges or affecting the purchase date etc.

It clears the clutter

shravank30 said:
You have to send the self attested acknowledgement to every fund house where you hold units

You can check your status online for every fund house for KYC compliance if you have IPIN or you can call them up & enquire.
Most MF houses have toll free numbers.

If it says you are KYC complaint, then no need to send the acknowledgement, but if it says not compliant then just post the acknowledgement to the nearest office
Email will not suffice as it requires self attestation & has to be sent is physical format only

Moreover, if you have more then 1 folio number in any fund house in the same name , you can always merge all the folios in 1 folio without any charges or affecting the purchase date etc.
It clears the clutter
NO! you dont need to mail the acknowledgment copy top every fund house. When you KYC status shows as complied/verified in cvl's website, email every fund house on their customer card email stating your folio number and that you are KYC verified now. They will do the needful you dont need to to send the copy to them. I emailed them and the status was update in two working days.

Also remember that data in KYC is complete and accurate, because when the KYC status is updated to respective fund house, they will update the data as provided in the KYC form.

Back