MWTS: graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Staff member
Super Mod
i have a couple of cards lying around pretty much idle , looking to sell either one.

1.sapphire 9600 xt
2.sapphire 9800 pro (r360 core)

both are 128mb cards

looking for 4k for the xt and 6k for the pro or thereabouts . the fan on the 9600xt doesnt work but i have an arctic silencer rev 3 that i could throw in for a little extra.

history of cards:

9600xt purchased on jan 2004 and the 9800pro on october 2004 but had lot ofartifacts so got a replacement card january 05. both have no local warranty.

preference to chennai buyers

Want to exchange the 9800pro for a bfgtech 6600gt oc + some cash?

The card has one slightly loose pin on both dvi's.
So you can either just claim the lifetime warranty or try to get the pin straightened here.

I personally have had it with dvi sockets.
Let me know.

The new 9800pro works perfectly?
No artifacts or the famous snow in doom3 unless you underclock 10-20mhz?

Chaos said:
If no one else orders, i'm keeping ur 9600xt for my htpc :D.
forgot that you were interested in it.. will hold on to it for you then.. not in any real rush to sell anyway
saumilsingh said:
Want to exchange the 9800pro for a bfgtech 6600gt oc + some cash?

The card has one slightly loose pin on both dvi's.
So you can either just claim the lifetime warranty or try to get the pin straightened here.

I personally have had it with dvi sockets.
Let me know.

The new 9800pro works perfectly?
No artifacts or the famous snow in doom3 unless you underclock 10-20mhz?

nah then i ll have another card that i dont really need :p

i dont mind trading the 9800pro with something like a 5200 or a 9200 and top up arn 4k ..

need a card with a working dvi port though

havent experienced snow in any game yet . but i wasnt using the stock heatsink. was using a half a zalman zm 80 d to cool it ;)

cards flashed with a 9800xt bios and works fine. i edited the bios before flashing so that the card runs at normal 9800pro speeds but before gaming i use atitool and click default which sets it to 9800xt speeds

if anyones still interested after hearing all the history let me know

undertaker said:
Wow!U changing the BFG 6600GT for a 9800pro!!!!
lol getting desperate stuck on onboard gf4mx.
Claiming guarentee without being in the same country is a tedious process if the replacement turns out defective in some way.

Well Saumil, i do not want to interfere in bottles sales or thread. but since he has not shown any willingness to your offer i can safely give my suggestion.

ur card is not seriously damaged. if at all ur dvi ports are screwed up it can be repaired / changed very easily. just get another DVI female socket and get it soldered on ur gfx card. it can be done by any average service shop.

hmm i hav a geforce fx 5200
u said na exchange+money was also possible
so indly tell me what will be the price (inclusive of shipping) for:-
1.sapphire 9600 xt
2.sapphire 9800 pro (r360 core)
my card is XFX Geforce FX 5200 128MB(64 bit i think).
i live in mumbai.
regards,
Asky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back