Video My 3 years experience in Tata Sky

Tyson

Recruit
I am a customer of tata sky since 2016.My uncle recomended it for me.At that time,our cable network was not good at all.So,finally,on 16th september,I bought it.

The installer told me that if my set top box gets any problem anyday,I should call him rather than cc.(But,funny thing is that it never happened.)

Till today,Tata sky is offering me good services.I am a customer of sd box,but the picture quality is like HD.Channels are also many.Though,service costs a bit more(After TRAI rule,its cost is also like the other dth's)

I strongly recomend if you want to buy dth,go for Tata sky.It will offer you a lot of services.

Thanks

Same here, been a Tata Sky customer for 10-11 years now, and never faced any issues really, with two HD+ recording STBs (DVRs).

Even in monsoon the signal hardly drops for 2-3 minutes when rains start after that it's back to normal.

Only thing is the pinch of the cost, it has steadily been going up and up every year. Before TRAI changes I was paying 950 per month for all channels for 2 TVs now I am paying 1250 for selected channels. :mad:

I plan to continue for the foreseeable future even though I have Amazon Prime Video (Fire TV stick) because my BSNL FTTH internet connection is not to be trusted :D

Only thing is the pinch of the cost, it has steadily been going up and up every year. Before TRAI changes I was paying 950 per month for all channels for 2 TVs now I am paying 1250 for selected channels. :mad:
This is the thing its 4 times the price compared to cable, at least in my case any way. No HD here.

I plan to continue for the foreseeable future even though I have Amazon Prime Video (Fire TV stick) because my BSNL FTTH internet connection is not to be trusted :D
This i can confidently say about my cable tv service which is why i never bothered with their internet offering. ACT in my area can't be trusted

I have cut the DTH cord 3 years ago. Don't care or need it anymore.
Post automatically merged:

This i can confidently say about my cable tv service which is why i never bothered with their internet offering. ACT in my area can't be trusted

Surprising - what is the issue here? Too much downtime?

Last edited:
Surprising - what is the issue here? Too much downtime?
Cable over the trees, fronds fall snap the cable, nothing until the next day.

It can happen from time to time. Downtime is maybe half to a full day maybe once or twice a year.

First 2 years were super awesome. During rains 98% uptime. Now years down even with slight cloudy weather the reception goes for a toss instantly!!!
Is that something to do with the dish/umbrella getting older?? It hasn't rusted at all though.
And now due to the trai shit charges my monthly 430 plan is now costing around 540 no matter they have also bundled some extra channels which I never watch.

In fact life has become so so busy we daily hardly watch not more than 5 channels to be precise!!

@vishalrao Is the damaged lnb responsible for frequent reception issues during rains?
Can only the dish lnb be replaced or will they force for a complete dish replacement?

@vishalrao Is the damaged lnb responsible for frequent reception issues during rains?
Can only the dish lnb be replaced or will they force for a complete dish replacement?
That white cover has nothing to do with reception check your wire from the dish till television, Also only the LNB can be changed and Tata Sky does that and charge around 300 if I remember correctly not sure though.

That white cover has nothing to do with reception check your wire from the dish till television, Also only the LNB can be changed and Tata Sky does that and charge around 300 if I remember correctly not sure though.
Cable is all good can confirm that. lnb cap is broken.
1569492262518.png

try putting a pepsi or coke bottle cover on it. i've seen some dish on terrace have those pepsi / coke half cut pet bottles on the lnb. only the bottom part was used.

Yes, only the LNB part can be replaced, they dont ask to replace the whole dish.

Even a new LNB will give you issues during rains. My setup only goes blank for few minutes when it rains then signal returns to normal while it is still raining.

I had normal LNB for many years then replaced it with a "Super LNB" a couple of years ago when I started facing more frequent signal issues (dont remember the costs) now everything is fine.

If your signal issues are not as usual (suddenly you are facing signal issues more frequently) then I would recommend replacing LNB.

But before that let Tata Sky engineer visit your place and do proper diagnosis, let him check dish alignment also and wiring is properly attached etc.

Since this Tata sky thread has been opened, I don't want to open a new one to ask my query.

My in laws use Tata Sky at their home. Can I tell them to get id password and use tata sky on mobile ? Are there any restrictions on that (like streaming will not work when TV is on at their home etc). Also they will have no clue how to get the credentials so I will need to let them know how to get the id password for their account for streaming purpose.

I had normal LNB for many years then replaced it with a "Super LNB" a couple of years ago when I started facing more frequent signal issues (dont remember the costs) now everything is fine.
Whats this super lnb? Does tatsky offers one or do we need to buy it seperattely and then call the gujust of installation and calibration purpose?

Back