PC Peripherals My 667DDR2 is showing 333Mhz in CPUZ

DCEite

Adept
In cpu-z, my memory maximum bandwidth is shown as 333Mhz. Whereas it should eb 667Mhz.

I have 2 512MB ddr2 sticks installed.

Thats what it should be... 667MHz is marketing speak. Its called 667MHz cos thats the effective data rate had it been DDR memory. On SDR data transfer takes place either on the falling or rising edge of the clock whereas in DDR, it takes place on both the rising and falling edges. Hence two bits can be transferred from or into the ram cell per clock of memory. Effectively it becomes twice the speed of SDR ram.

This will always show you 333MHz, at which it's actually clocked. DDR stands for Double Data Ratewhich means actually it operates in effective Double Speed. Even the DDR400 MHz shows 200 MHz in CPU-Z, otherwise in Bootup Screen it will show 667 MHz.

Can you give the price-breakup at which you have got these stuffs??

dude u have to install the ram in the two diff slot sets.. like one in one slot set and other in other one.

eg. cuz urs has to be dual channel .. .so u must be having 4 slots for ram rite?

mark the first two as slot set "A" and other as slot set "B".

so u shud be installing the ram in this order A1 and B1 OR A2 and B2.

looking at the screen shot im guessing its at A1 and A2 or B1 and B2.

PS. i jus used A and B to explain the concept.. its not really called A and B slots.

Rivunited said:
dude u have to install the ram in the two diff slot sets.. like one in one slot set and other in other one.
eg. cuz urs has to be dual channel .. .so u must be having 4 slots for ram rite?
mark the first two as slot set "A" and other as slot set "B".
so u shud be installing the ram in this order A1 and B1 OR A2 and B2.
looking at the screen shot im guessing its at A1 and A2 or B1 and B2.

PS. i jus used A and B to explain the concept.. its not really called A and B slots.
OK! So what i understand is that my 2nd stick should go into the alternate (3rd slot) and not 2nd, as the first stick is in 1st slot.. right? How much of a performance difference would that make anyway?..

Rivunited said:
yup. u got it right. and yes it makes a lot of performance difference

actually not a lot, due to the inefficiencies of the Intel architecture.... the laxer the timings and the lower the frequency, the lesser effect Dual channel has on performance (max 2-3%) Its a different deal altogether when you are running 400+ 3-3-3 tho.

Read the Mainboard Manual Carefully, everything must be given over here. Even in my Manual (MSI K9NGM2) it's clearly mentioned how to run RAM in the Dual Channel Mode.

arnov said:
Read the Mainboard Manual Carefully, everything must be given over here. Even in my Manual (MSI K9NGM2) it's clearly mentioned how to run RAM in the Dual Channel Mode.

Yes you are right Arnov.. its given in the MB manual.. will do the change as soon as possible..:)

Back