Graphic Cards My card is getting fried plz help

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
My MSI HD 5770 is touching 105 degrees need any help to improve situation cabby is an CM SCOUT design of card cooler is like the stock 5750 cooler :S

How is the ventilation setup inside the enclosure like? As in, how many fans, placement, what direction? Probably a case of bad ventilation inside the enclosure.

Download rivatuner and increase the fan speed of the card from the utility manually to see if it brings down the temperatures. Additionally, removing the stock thermal paste and applying an aftermarket one such as the Arctic Cooling MX2 helps a bit to bring down the temperatures by another 2~4'C. YMMV.

check if your gpu fan if spinning properly or not ........

bring the card back to stock clocks if its overclocked n increase the fan speed by using appropriate software..

ALPHA17 said:
My MSI HD 5770 is touching 105 degrees need any help to improve situation cabby is an CM SCOUT design of card cooler is like the stock 5750 cooler :S

When does it do this. Even while on 2d..?

i have this same card n its running on 50-55C on load..check its fan, whether its working properly or not..else use a separate cooler for it..cuz its running really hot :O

111diablo111 said:
i have this same card n its running on 50-55C on load..check its fan, whether its working properly or not..else use a separate cooler for it..cuz its running really hot :O

MAn the cooler is modded by the MSI team and looks like the cooler for the stock HD 5750 and doesnt provide the complete card cover

I stay in Bangalore no room AC and at 100 % fan the temp at idle is like 50 C

I am going crazy and the frame rates of all my games are affected

I am so mad with MSI :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

gamingstill said:
check if your gpu fan if spinning properly or not ........
bring the card back to stock clocks if its overclocked n increase the fan speed by using appropriate software..

Man have tried doing that with Catalyst overdrive menu the problem is once I start playing a game the card doesn't spin at 100% as I have kept the default speed at 100% and no the card is not over clocked :) :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Desecrator said:
How is the ventilation setup inside the enclosure like? As in, how many fans, placement, what direction? Probably a case of bad ventilation inside the enclosure.

Download rivatuner and increase the fan speed of the card from the utility manually to see if it brings down the temperatures. Additionally, removing the stock thermal paste and applying an aftermarket one such as the Arctic Cooling MX2 helps a bit to bring down the temperatures by another 2~4'C. YMMV.

The PC is cooled by the Hyper 212, there are 3 fans by default in the cabby'

1 -- 140mm -- top ( throws out)
1 -- 140mm -- front ( pulls in )
1 -- 120mm -- back ( throws out )
1 -- 120mm -- on the side panel ( throws out air )

With all those fans on the casing, i dont think its a cabinet or ventilation related issue.

Seems like a contact issue between the GPU and the cooler heatsink. If you are fine with tinkering around, i would suggest reseating the heatsink after applying a good thermal paste like Gannu suggested.

Be careful though as it may void warranty in some cases especially if the card gets scratched/damaged in the process.

Else , the best suggestion would be to return the card back and try the old 'dumb' act as in i-dont-know-whats-going-on-but-card-not-working!

RMA might be a problem as I am in Bangalore and I purchased the Comp in Hyderabad, but I would like too know where I can get third party coolers for my GPU and how much they cost should I wait for the HD 6770

Thanks to all who helped and in advance to who will help :)

asingh said:
When does it do this. Even while on 2d..?

No only when I play games like World In Conflict or Splinter Cell Conviction

^Are you familiar with removing the GPU heatsink and meddling with it? If so try reseating the heatsink with a different thermal paste such as MX2 else as Alias suggested, head to the nearest MSI service centre in Bangalore and have it replaced.

ALPHA17 said:
RMA might be a problem as I am in Bangalore and I purchased the Comp in Hyderabad, but I would like too know where I can get third party coolers for my GPU and how much they cost should I wait for the HD 6770

Thanks to all who helped and in advance to who will help :)

No only when I play games like World In Conflict or Splinter Cell Conviction

IMO Shouldn't be a problem with the RMA, go to whoever is the service provider for MSI in Bangalore and they will have it done for you.

Yes you should definitely go for warranty because I supose the card would have already been damaged slightly after being exposed to such temperatures. Get it checked.
And also reverse the direction of the side fan, must bring down temperatures a bit. Also keep some space at the back of the cabinet, don't place it too close to the wall or something.

Well i'm getting a very good price on the MSI ...much better than the other 2 so I guess i'l take it :(

And I won't really overclock so I should be ok

Back