My experience with Tata

Well.. I applied for the connection last Monday. He came in and signed the papers and said he will come the next day. Came in the next day on Thursday and then said one more day after finalising all the details. Came in on Friday and everything was set up.

I have yet to see anything bad with the customer care of Tata Broadband. They were quick in setting uo the connection.

I applied for the 512 UL Plan and I am in New Delhi.

Download speed are awsome. Am getting constant 60-64 kb/s.

Only one complain and that is.... that the browsing speed has gone down. Why is that? When I visit a site... it takes slower than it used to on my airtel connection.. Though the download speed is high!!! The browser speed is slow...

Why is that?

Conclusion: All in all a good connection and good service by Tata.

Crazysah

Even I have applied for Tata. Paid him and signed all the papers on the 28th! He Asked me to wait until the 1st or 2nd of April!

Keeping my fingers crossed!

I am using a 256 kbps nu connection by tata teleservices ltd here in pune (pimple saudagar area).

its ul from 8 pm to 8 am and the charges / month is 399.

any dl from 8 am to 8 pm is charged at 50 ps / mb.

But last month's bill came to 889 rs and TATA says that i downloaded 786 MB during non happy hours, but obviously i think i haven't.

Anywayz, its ok since being able to download for 12 hours a day and still pay less than a UL 256kbps connection is fine with me. :)

Lucky you...

I applied for Tata 2 months back. They still havent repsponded.

Call the CC 100 times, they said that Rep would come the next day.

Never happened.

Tata sucks. Period.

^^ They wont contact you if they arent providing connection in your are... happened with me a few times...

but i kept calling them every month....and this month they finally said there is connectivity in my area... within 2 days the rep came to my place and the next day the connection was setup!

I too applied for Tata connection on Wednesday at their website. On Thursday some bloke from Tata came to my house but I was sleeping. Next day too he came, same result. On Friday I got a call from Tata that there is no connectivity in my area. I was really dissapointed as I had my hopes pinned on Tata 2 mbps 240 hours plan for 2526 Rs.

Guess what happens today morning, guy comes to my house from TATA. Tells me he has been chasing me for days and that my area is feasable. I tell him i was told by your cc that its not, and he was shocked!!! In any case, guy tells me internet should be up by Monday, and by today evening itself, they had done the wiring. If this is the service I am going to get, I am very happy. Lets just hope the 2mpbs can provide me speeds upwards of 200 KB!!! At least for 8 hours a day I will have true broadband experience!!! :)

Yeah. I think I am going to switch to Open DNS. Otherwise.. the service is really really good provided by Tata!

thumbs up to them! I am getting awsome speeds!

On Feb 28, I applied for BB at 9:30 a.m. through the website. At 10 a.m. I got a call from them saying that they're sending their guys over. At 10:30 the guys came and the cabling and the paperwork were done in 15 minutes. At 4 p.m., a guy came with the modem and I was on the net by 4:15 p.m. :bleh:.

blu_6779 said:
On Feb 28, I applied for BB at 9:30 a.m. through the website. At 10 a.m. I got a call from them saying that they're sending their guys over. At 10:30 the guys came and the cabling and the paperwork were done in 15 minutes. At 4 p.m., a guy came with the modem and I was on the net by 4:15 p.m. :bleh:.
Now, THIS is efficiency in motion! Which city are you from?

Oh! Boy, how I wish I get my connection tomorrow! I've applied on the 28th. Going for a 512 kbps UL connection.

BTW, they're putting up this "DC Box" or something like that, and they say the max units it'll consume is around 15 and they're paying me 300/- PM. Is that true? Or are they ripping me off? Please do lemme know, guys!

a couple of months back they said my area is not feasible... i have suffered with reliance and YOU telecom so i have applied again.

my tata connection just not dies.. its good here too.. i heard that they are bringing up winmax soon.. thats what their technical guy told me when they come to wire a connection for my home in delhi...

IMO 1850 bucks for 512kbps is too much. Better get AIRTEL UL999, now a days they are providing true 256kbps in day, and true 512kbps in night (11-7.30)

Back