My First Cam - Sony W530

krishnandu

Skilled
Hey, after all my dream came true..!! Got my first digicam :)

Here are the snapshots, sorry for the bad quality, taken by mobile(2MP). I promise now on you'll get good quality pics from the new digicam :D

And here's a snapshot taken by my first cam :D

dsc00002vz.jpg

Damages : 8800/-

Place Of Purchase : Sony Center - South City Mall (Kolkata)

Thank you everyone :)

Any noob photography tutorial that can help me?? I know this is just a P&S cam, and I can't do much with it, infact I don't even see any provisions for manual settings, but still, it anyone has this model or used it before, can suggest me any tips so that I can click better photos??

Any help will be appreciated, thanks :)

The manual's always the best start to take the intital steps towards photography.Play around with the settings.Try a few photographs with each setting and analyse the quality.
Otherwse, google and you will find plenty of 'photography for dummies' articles :p

Hmm, Ya I already read the manual, only the buttons are defined, as I said, I found no scope of manual settings :(

Well, ya you are right, clicking on different subject with different settings will be a good idea.

krishnandu said:
Thanks... :)

Damages : 8800/-

Place Of Purchase : Sony Center - South City Mall

@GuruGulabKhatri Opposite Spencer in Basement.
Great,Got any freebies???

get a fast (class 6 atleast) memory card if u haven't already

invest on a good case and screen guard (look for them in landmark and crosswords u will find some molife and case something)

Picasa is the best wyswyg editor Install it and do ur Color correction on a crt monitor if possible

Usr Irfanview to resize

post Some pics This sunday :)

GuruGulabKhatri said:
Great,Got any freebies???

get a fast (class 6 atleast) memory card if u haven't already

invest on a good case and screen guard (look for them in landmark and crosswords u will find some molife and case something)

Picasa is the best wyswyg editor Install it and do ur Color correction on a crt monitor if possible

Usr Irfanview to resize

post Some pics This sunday :)
Yes 4GB Memory Card, I'm not sure but it's of Sony proprietary DUO or something...

A carry case, a camera strip etc.

Ya screen guard is not provided, and currently looking for it, Sony's screen guard cost around Rs . 499/-. So I don't think they are at all VFM, so should I go for Rs. 10 - 20 ones that we generally get in mobile shops or do you recommend to get anything better(costly ones)??

I've Photoshop CS5 installed, know basic usages, but no idea about advanced usages.

Ya I saw Picasa...thanks for recommending it, it too seemed a great tool for noobs like me. :p

Heard a lot about Irfanview...will try it...

BTW I use Linux mostly...any tools on Linux you'd like to recommend.

Ya...will shoot this Sunday :D

krishnandu said:
Yes 4GB Memory Card, I'm not sure but it's of Sony proprietary DUO or something...

A carry case, a camera strip etc.

Ya screen guard is not provided, and currently looking for it, Sony's screen guard cost around Rs . 499/-. So I don't think they are at all VFM, so should I go for Rs. 10 - 20 ones that we generally get in mobile shops or do you recommend to get anything better(costly ones)??

I've Photoshop CS5 installed, know basic usages, but no idea about advanced usages.

Ya I saw Picasa...thanks for recommending it, it too seemed a great tool for noobs like me. :p

Heard a lot about Irfanview...will try it...

BTW I use Linux mostly...any tools on Linux you'd like to recommend.

Ya...will shoot this Sunday :D
GIMP - GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

Download Free Pixel image editor for Linux, Pixel image editor for Linux 1.0 Beta 8 Build 741 Download

Please Invest in a Good Screen Guard,Chinese ones are Sh*t

For Cases - http://cgi.ebay.in/CASE-LOGIC-Ultra...5?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item2eb3226ba9

Was Much Better Than my standard Canon Case

If U Like, a Sony Screen Guard - http://cgi.ebay.in/Sony-Digital-Cam...2?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3a632b88d8

I agree these are Expensive,But Trust Me These will Keep ur cammy in Good Shape for a Very Long time

Thats Priceless :)

^^Thanks for the warning...

I'm looking at these ones...

eBay India: Sony 2.7" Screen Protector For Digital Camera (item 320653383457 end time 11-Feb-2011 15:56:44 IST) - It's unbilievable, he's selling Sony original screen protector for Rs. 90/-

And another is this eBay India: Scratchgard ANY DC-2.7" Screen Protector Digital Camera (item 310293077072 end time 12-Feb-2011 01:38:00 IST)

Well, let's see...BTW recommendation??

Thanks for recommending the case, is it a hard case?? I'm looking for hard ones...the one I got from sony is soft case.

^^ Trust me those Hard Cases Are Not That good

case Logic Is a reputed Brand for DC Cases, Do Ur research

They Retain their look,easy to clean and maintain

So U Have a 2.7" Screen Huh?

I would go for the sony one then ,Brand Value FTW :p

But make Sure that its an original one ,Read Some Feedbacks

a Penny saved is a penny earned :)

Best of luck

PS. EBay Allowed in ur ofc? PM Me for any Vacancies now :)

GuruGulabKhatri said:
^^ Trust me those Hard Cases Are Not That good

case Logic Is a reputed Brand for DC Cases, Do Ur research

They Retain their look,easy to clean and maintain

So U Have a 2.7" Screen Huh?

I would go for the sony one then ,Brand Value FTW :p

But make Sure that its an original one ,Read Some Feedbacks

a Penny saved is a penny earned :)

Best of luck

PS. EBay Allowed in ur ofc? PM Me for any Vacancies now :)
Yes...2.7" screen.

Ya....nothing is blocked at all...facebook, orkut, twitter used to blocked even few months ago, but they are not now :D

It's ok, I thought of hard cases because, if by it slips then it'll be protected. :p

Well, will buy the one you specified, or the another sony one that I find(waiting for the buyer to reply). Asked price at Sony stores, they are saying Rs. 499/-

So you recommend that one for case?? Ok, will buy that :D

Back