My first camera is here and it hates mirrors

Ah finally someone with an mirrorless DSLR!
I have been on the lookout (browser window shopping) for an MFT camera for some time now. Like their portability very much.
Do post a user impression soon. Though a comparison with a full DSLR would have been ideal but its your first camera.
Overall, Congrats! :D

I have been on the lookout (browser window shopping) for an MFT camera for some time now. Like their portability very much.
Do post a user impression soon. Though a comparison with a full DSLR would have been ideal but its your first camera.
Thank you. First impressions:

1. Built like a tank. Lot of metal used in construction
2. Turn on auto focus and it works like a PnS camera and there is good detail
3. Turn off auto focus and you get truckload of options to choose from and good that there is histogram for brightness and RGB
4. Flash (EX90) is very powerful
5. Forget about all those stories about slow auto focus. This one came with newer firmware and the autofocus is pretty fast.

-ves:

1. no built in flash
2. Display should've been bigger as sometimes, its difficult to understand how good the focus on the object is
3. May have to carry extra battery as this one only lives for 200 odd photos[DOUBLEPOST=1376630458][/DOUBLEPOST]
and yes, comparison with proper SLR will be done in next one or two weeks.

If you have higher budget, check for the newer generation products that are compatible with electronic view finders (can be very very helpful)

Last edited:
upgrade to firmware 2.0 it will make AF fast.

if you buy EOS-M lens adpter , u ready to use all other EF & EF-S lens on this mirrorless .

Congrats for your purchase.....

Wish canon provide the option like bundling EF & EF-S lens adapter (for those who owned EF & EF-S lens) instead of this basic f/3.5-f/5.6 18-55 mm lens. Also can't find any indian site selling the basic 22mm f/2.0 prime as well the lens adapter.

Is this bundle speedlite 90x can trigger Canon 580EX if that pair in slave mode ?

Last edited:
Congrats for your purchase.....

Wish canon provide the option like bundling EF & EF-S lens adapter (for those who owned EF & EF-S lens) instead of this basic f/3.5-f/5.6 18-55 mm lens. Also can't find any indian site selling the basic 22mm f/2.0 prime as well the lens adapter.

Is this bundle speedlite 90x can trigger Canon 580EX if that pair in slave mode ?
it wont work. 580 EX wont work with any CDAF mirrorless cams and will work with PDAF cams. You many need something like EX380 that comes with that has LED AF assist.

Congrats bro...me too using an Oly e-pm1 since around a year and a half...good portability:)
...in search of an EVF for it...:(

Congrats OP :)

There are a few of us mirror-less users here in TE. Guess you don't venture into the camera forum much :p

Back