OC & Modding My First Ln2 Overclocking Session

$ingh

Adept
So after a long period and with lot of efforts i am able to arrange Liquid Nitrogen and Successfully completed my first ln2 overclocking session with AMD Phenom ii x4 955be With the rock solid Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV formula and ofcourse with my best friend who helped me a lot to make this Session successful ..

Special thanks my parents,my friends for the understanding and supporting me ..

Setup:-

Amd Phenom ii x4 955be ( Awesome chip with just 1.62v i am able to cross 6.4ghz)

Asus Crosshair iv formula (Great motherboard from Asus even with too much moisture on its components it still keep on working ..Rock solid Motherboard)

G-SKILL 2*2GB 1600 CL7 (max overclocks to 2230 mhz on it ...nice ram kit)

Radeon HD 5870

EX-1000 watt

Aoc E2251 FW

Self Made Ln2 pot ( Pot is working like charm ...i am too happy with its results )

Self Made bench table (just for benching)

25 litres of LN2

So here are Chilled some results :-

Globally Ranked At 62th

$ingh`s CPU Frequency score: 6346 mhz with a Phenom II X4 955 BE

Globally Ranked At 71th

$ingh`s SuperPi score: 11sec 968ms with a Phenom II X4 955 BE

Globally Ranked At 35th

$ingh`s PiFast score: 19.34 sec with a Phenom II X4 955 BE

Some other pics :-

Too much moisture these days made me to stop benching ...as some wprime benches are still left . Anyway going to test Phenom ii x6 in next 1-2 days ..

Its a great experience working with LN2 ..

Hope You guys will enjoy it ...

Wow LN2 overclocking needs a lot of preparation and effort... Awesome work there....

Building a pot and doing it yourself is quite a feat...

6.3 Ghz is :D :D

Congrats

Wow LN2 overclocking needs a lot of preparation and effort... Awesome work there....

Building a pot and doing it yourself is quite a feat...

6.3 Ghz is :D :D

Congrats

Yes ofcourse LN2 overclocking needs lot of efforts .. especially when resources around You are much less ... its being a long time i am working on it .

Thanks ronnie ....

Today i am able to get sometime for completing my Overclocking task and here are some better attempts :-

Amd Phenom ii 955be Overclocks to 6539mhz and Globally Ranked at 49th

$ingh`s CPU Frequency score: 6539 mhz with a Phenom II X4 955 BE

imageid835605.jpg

Super pi 1M 11sec.391ms Globally Ranked at 57th

$ingh`s SuperPi score: 11sec 391ms with a Phenom II X4 955 BE

imageid835612.jpg

Wprime 32m 6sec 562ms Globally ranked at 47th

$ingh`s wPrime 32m score: 6sec 562ms with a Phenom II X4 955 BE

imageid835620.jpg

Wprime 1024m 216sec 516ms globally ranked at 30th

$ingh`s wPrime 1024m score: 216sec 515ms with a Phenom II X4 955 BE

imageid835623.jpg

imageid835604.jpg

imageid835611.jpg

Thanks

Awesome stuff there mate... I would love to play with LN2 one day but it takes too much effort and time which I dont have now... Kudos for your effort mate :)

Very nice. Out of curiosity, where do you get ln2 from and how much does it generally cost?

Sorry for replying late @RD274 .. i arrange ln2 locally from a gas agency ..this gas is easily available everywhere ..problem is to arrange dewar for its storage ..

Awesome stuff there mate... I would love to play with LN2 one day but it takes too much effort and time which I dont have now... Kudos for your effort mate :)

Thanks @ronnie_gogs

Last edited by a moderator:
Back