My first Mid-Fi audio setup

sid1712

Cookies, mmm...
Adept
Been waiting to get a decent portable audio setup for quite some time now and my Senn HD415 died which gave me the perfect opportunity to take a leap into the the Hi/Mid-Fi territory. :)

So, after quite a bit of researching and waiting, i finally decide to buy the Audio Technica M50s from GEB for 6.2k. Since i was getting a decent pair of cans, i though why not buy a decent audio player as well as my ipod was getting old and to my luck, i found the S:FLO2 2GB selling for 6k on ebay india which i instantly snapped up.

Here are a few pics (taken from my phone so quality is average) -

Cans burnt in for about 15 hours.
Also bought an 8GB class 4 mem card to store those FLAC songs.

Thanks. Had to get them as cheap as possible since i already made my dad pay ~ 40k for my PS3, monitor and some other stuff and he got so pissed when i asked him for 12k more. ;)

Thanks everyone.

@karan - yeah, finally got off my lazy butt ;) . I will be free after the 13th, so can meet anytime.

Dude, do post the impressions about the combo. I am also pretty much inclined on getting a similar combo.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Frakk, you are from gurgaon man. You got to meet me sometime. I need a demo of both the things.

I guess you were also planning to get the Sflo .A good chance for you to try it before you buy it . M50s though might not be giving their 100% with the Sflo ,should give you an idea of the sound signature. :)

^ Arrow 12HE is a good amp if portable is what you need , in desktop amps 200-250$ can get you something lot better though. Anyways by next year you might have lot of other options as well :)

^ I would definitely have bought a desktop amp if i had a desktop but still, i love these headphones and the flo's inbuilt amp is quite okay according to what i've read at head-fi.

Thanks everyone.

@grease monk - Only 1 unit was available so the listing ended as soon as i bought it. The next batch or the flo comes in september according to mp4nation so you can pre order yours now from their site or contact iccworld when it comes out.

@ all gurgaon people who want an audition - why dont we have that NCR audio meet that was planned but didn't take place ?

Back