Storage Solutions My Hard Disk reboots while using PC

Nirmal Rajan

Recruit
Hello everyone,
I have a problem with my PC. My HDD (Hard Disk Drive) reboots while using PC. This problem has been occurring for me since previous year. When I met a local technician, he replaced my SATA cable. Because the problem didn't fix, he made me buy a new cabinet and a fan for cooling. Even this didn't fix it. It usually occurs when booting up. You can hear the rebooting sound and the monitor gets stuck with whatever on the screen. My cabinet with quite cooled. PLEASE HELP.

My specifications:
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Athlon II X2 250 41 °C
Regor 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4N68T-M-LE-V2 (AM3) 35 °C
Graphics
SMB2030 (1600x900@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6670 (Sapphire/PCPartner) 38 °C
Storage
223GB KINGSTON SUV400S3724 SCSI Disk Device (SSD) 38 °C
465GB Hitachi HDS721050CLA SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 38 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS70 SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
VIA HD Audio

First, go to barebones - this means removing all things apart from CPU, mobo and RAM from the system. Dont use the GPU, use the onboard. See if the system stays in BIOS for 2-3 minutes. Then, check the RAM using a bootable USB device - memtest. With that out of the way, keep adding the devices one by one till you find the culprit.

I think the culprit might be the PSU/RAM and lastly the HDD.

First, go to barebones - this means removing all things apart from CPU, mobo and RAM from the system. Dont use the GPU, use the onboard. See if the system stays in BIOS for 2-3 minutes. Then, check the RAM using a bootable USB device - memtest. With that out of the way, keep adding the devices one by one till you find the culprit.

I think the culprit might be the PSU/RAM and lastly the HDD.
My RAM kit is new. One more thing, I should probably insert other stuff by shutting off PC, right?

Back