My HCL ME LEAPTOP 39 :)

hotshot05

Skilled
Finally got my laptop today(It was provided by my college).

It has original windows XP pre-loaded and I will be getting a product key from Microsoft for Windows 7(most probably Professional edition) soon.

Specification:
specification.jpg

Both CPU-Z and Windows says that my laptop has Intel C2D T6600. But in my friends laptop, it said T6500. So I think laptops with different processors were provided to us.
But other components like 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Intel 4500M HD are the same. It also has Bluetooth but only 802.11 b/g support, no N support.

Here are the pics:

First thoughts:
The build quality is Ok. The touchpad is good and the vertical scrolling area works flawlwssly. The loptop fan does not make too much noise. When the laptop starts up, it makes a bit of sound(audible only in my room which is totally silent as it is 1am.). But by the time the starting up animation of Windows Xp is shown, the sound is completely gone. I cant hear a thing even though my room is dead silent. After working for 45-60 mins, the fan makes a bit of noise for some minutes and then becomes completely inaudible.
The keyboard is good. The keys have a nice feel. my only problem is that I sometimes end up hitting the caps lock key when I intended to hit the left Shift key.
The sound is Ok. I cound hear a song(though I had to strain my ears a bit) in a room full of 30-40 college students who were overjoyed to have got the laptop at last and so were making quite a racket.

rdst_1 said:
so how much did they make you pay for it

I have to pay all total Rs.48k in 4 years. The money involves charge for internet access at college(via wi-fi) too.

Am pretty happy with it.
The only thing which is bad is the graphics adapter. It is the onboard Intel 4500MHD :mad:

There was a bit of a problem with wi-fi in Windows XP but sorted it out.
But in Windows 7 x86, the laptop hangs just after I connect to my Siemens SL2_141 wi-fi modem(it has WPA2-PSK security). Anyone have any idea what may be the problem???

Back