My Lister Engine Restoration Part II

Amarbir

Skilled
Guys ,
You All Know That The First Project Is Now Finished ..During The Visit To My Native Village Badal in punjab state india .I Was Wonderstruck To Find two old listeroids in my own house .During Our Property Partitioning With My Little Bro I Had Given Him All That was There And Opted To Make Everything New Myself .This Time When I went to his house i was shocked to find one listeroid and one peteriod that he had just got done from some mechanic .Woooo Out Of Curiosity I Asked Him Jivan Do You Have a Other Dual Wheeled Engine That Dad Had And He Nodded His Head ,I Was Like What Are you Serioussss... And He Showed Me The Engine .I Told Him I Want To Take This And Make a Generator For My New House And He Oblidged ,This is a old Model Listeriod Made In India .The Engine Was Picked Up On 14-6-2010 From Jivans Place And Dismantled On 15-6-2010 And Restored On 16-6-2010 .I Will Add The Pics Of the Same And The Process From Time To Time .

The Engine Restored and Working with a Makeshift Arrangement

: Note :
The Project Is Not Over Yet and This Engine Has To Be Mounted On a Base ,A Water Pump Has To Be Fitted ,We Have To Make a Fuel Tank and Also Get a Water Tank .This Is My Second Lister Engine Restored .The Engine Is Running By a Make Shift Fuel Tank Mounted On a Tree Haa Haa .The Water Cooled Engine Is Cooled [ Infact Too Cooled And Spitting Out Fuel From Exhaust ] Using a Water Pump Thats Pumping Water Through It And Not Rotating The Same Leading To White Smoke And Little Fuel Drain From the Exhaust .Problem Is Solved when I Use a Water Pump and circulate The Same Water Rising the Temperature Of The Engine So That It works Fine .This is a 1968 Model Listeroid That I Restored That Was Purchased By My Father .Will Keep You Posted Once I Paint It And Make a Generator Out Of This Workhorse .
Update :28-6-2010
The Second Generator Is Now Working Like a Charm .There Are a Few Water Leaks Due To Pipes Not Being Tight .And Also There Are Leaks from The Stupid Indian Water Pumps We Get Here Also Little Diesel Leak In The So Called Diesel Tap Lol .Anyways The Entire Setup Is Working And Soon I will Transfer To a Strong Foundation .The Engine Does Not Vibrate Much and Also I Have Installed 3 V Belts For Running a 6 KVA Alternator From Dynamic Company .Dynamic Alternators Are the Best Alternators For Making Generators In India and Compariable To Many International Brands .The Water Drum Is 210 Liter and The Fuel Drum Is 50 Liters ,soon I Will Be changing The Engine Cylinder Lining As I Have Not Done And I See Some Smoke While Running ,Enjoy the Video Guys .
The Restored Engine Made Into a Generator

PS : This document was posted on my project blog before i learned typing like this :eek:hyeah: .Before anyone of you pound again :) .Just lifted the same without any change as to tell you guys what i did this vacation and my village .

Metalspree said:
What Is it ?.For What Is It used?.

Hi ,

Lister engines are Dual wheel engines and are workhorses .You can make that engine do anything ,Draw water ,pump water ,Use a alternator and make electricity at home .I have used a 6KVA alternator head and made a generator using this at my village .I have learning a lot of diesel engines and how to rework them ,i have good experience of the same now ,it was quite a change from the computer line .I like learning new things and this was very new to me Oh i forget something this will fly past you head as you will not even have a clue what i did lol ,Its not music BTW but it does chuk chuk lol .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

damn said:
Select text, Shift + F3 ;)

Haa Haa ,

does not happen in the forums might be word only ;-)

wow. nice :)

i was interested in lister engines when i read on a us guys site that these can be filled with waste vegetable oil instead of diesel or petrol. And that guy bought it from india from some mumbai company. the prices were around 40k onwards depending on the capacity i think.

6pack said:
wow. nice :)

i was interested in lister engines when i read on a us guys site that these can be filled with waste vegetable oil instead of diesel or petrol. And that guy bought it from india from some mumbai company. the prices were around 40k onwards depending on the capacity i think.
Well ,

It runs On Many alternative fuels like Bio diesel [ Can be grown in fields ] ,Woodgas , Waste Motor oil .Waste vegetable oil etc .

Nice way to end power-cuts at your place :) [specially Mohali suffers from a lot of power cuts] and as you told me earlier that these are very economical too.

How else are you making them useful? Just the generators?

Mephistopheles said:
Nice way to end power-cuts at your place :) [specially Mohali suffers from a lot of power cuts] and as you told me earlier that these are very economical too.
How else are you making them useful? Just the generators?

Well ,
i Was cheated by one guy in mohali and out of frustration i took a challenge ,Today i am so skilled about lister engines and thier restoration that when i showed my stuff to that guy he was [ Like whats this ] i Smiled .
udayrulz said:
Good stuff , repped !
Well ,
Thanks great to know that there are knowledgeable people in Te who understand stuff like this .

bhaskarvyas001 said:
Excellent job!!
Well ,
Thanks a Tonn For Your Comments and appreciation of my hard work .To get intouch of my horror story about generator manufacturers in mohali have a look here

The need -> The Need In mohali
The Frustration -> Well i would say extreme frustration :eek:hyeah:
The Tickle -> Well no punjabi can remain without it :bleh:

I Have Also Listed a Complete Teardown of the engire lister 14 hp 1 cylinder engine here -> Pal The Great With my Assitance .Also I would like to inform you that i have a collection of some of my friends lister engine projects - > HERE

Back