My new CM-690 and my first PC assembly!!

Just finished assembling my OLD components in the new cabby. First time I have done this from the ground up. Eerything turned out okay other than a small glitch. The power and reset button connectors got swapper. Fixed it .

Who say this thing is noisy? I don't hear much noise. Compared to my old system with PSU this is SILENT!! So I guess I can't really feel the difference.

I am posting before and after pics :)

Step by Step.

DSC02432.jpg

Before Assembly: Old cabby. Facing the ceiling fan a above my head for adequate cooling ( still not enough)

DSC02437.jpg

The CM-690 out of the box :hap2:

DSC02438.jpg

Coolermaster logo :cool2:

DSC02441.jpg

In middle of assembly. Courier arrived with the DVD writer (SH-223F). That can be seen on top of cabby. The table is actually the dining table converted into assembly table lol.:eek:hyeah:

DSC02443.jpg

Final setup. Up and running!! :clap:

Camera ran out of power before I could take pic of insides. Will post it later. I am not sure if my cable management is any good.

W00t. That was phase one complete. Now I need to get phase two ( mobo+proccy+gpu ) ASAP so that the system can actually DO something :).

:clap:

Congrats! Me too assembled my first PC in CM 690. Working with front panel is a PIA. You need to pull it quite hard to remove.

I see you have put DVD-RW in second slot and top one. Could not pull it out? Me too almost gave up before deciding that come whatever the DVD-RW will go in top slot only.

Hole for routing cables below mobo is too small :mad:

morgoth said:
Congrats! Me too assembled my first PC in CM 690. Working with front panel is a PIA. You need to pull it quite hard to remove.

I see you have put DVD-RW in second slot and top one. Could not pull it out? Me too almost gave up before deciding that come whatever the DVD-RW will go in top slot only.

Hole for routing cables below mobo is too small :mad:

Well I decided to put in second slot since the first slot was kinda blocked by the wires and connectors from the Top I/O Panel. Didn't want to stress those wires too much :) .

Yea. Removing the front panel was a bit of work. I was afraid to use too much force. Then I got fed up and pulled HARD :D. It took sheer brute force. Same for putting the front panel back. Had to push hard on each corner to make it "Click".

As for cables, I put them below the last HDD. And the two PCI-E cables somewhere between the right panel and the mobo support.

congrats buddy!!

the stock CM fans are crap, get some good 120mm's if you want better airflow.

why the 650TX? VX450 could easily power ur rig..

mr47 said:
congrats buddy!!
the stock CM fans are crap, get some good 120mm's if you want better airflow.

why the 650TX? VX450 could easily power ur rig..

Dude, I know its suffice for the CURRENT rig. But it would be damn stressed when I get a 4850. In fact initially I was planning on a 4870. But then cut down due to budget :) . I may be buying a 4850 soon. And maybe in the far future in the times of DirectX 11 and all .. I may buy another ATi card and Crossfire, IF that card is backward compatible with vintage 2008 era crossfire that is :).

I am now stress testing the case. So far its been AMAZING. I used the PC for about an hour. Opened up the case, and I touched both HDDs ( old and new ) . Both are pretty cool. Only the old one is warmer. I have NEVER had this kind of temps on my HDDs before. Hopefully, this says as such AFTER my currently on-going intensive UT2004 session.

~
Thomas

Back