My new Cobra

Tron05

Adept
My first show off thread.. and its completely unrelated to electronics. :)

Purchased my first English willow today - A SG Cobra Star

Grade 2 English willow
Weight : 1208 gm
Short Handle
Nine peice cane handle
sweet spot: Low-mid

Attachments

• IMG_2884.jpg
    IMG_2884.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2885.jpg
    IMG_2885.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2886.jpg
    IMG_2886.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2887.jpg
    IMG_2887.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2888.jpg
    IMG_2888.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2889.jpg
    IMG_2889.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2890.jpg
    IMG_2890.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2891.jpg
    IMG_2891.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2893.jpg
    IMG_2893.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 99
cost me 4.8k

All the bats the dealer had was on the heavier side .i.e about 1250+ gms. This was the only 1 having around 1200gms..

I was taking a call between SS Heritage, BDM Fire and SG Cobra star

SS Heritage had awesome pickup. It was only 1150gms, but the compromise was that the volume behind the sweet spot was not so good.

The cobra star. is a good balance between pick up and profile.

Very Very misleading Title :D Congrats, we now want a youtube link of u hitting a six with this!

good price. I used to have 2-3 bats when I was in school, college. I like BAS Vampire the most. I even ported GM bat and Kokaburra bat but they're much light for my liking so sold them up... outdoor sport much much much, much raised to the power 1000 times better than sitting on computer....

awesome buy, congrats

Nice. :D

Had a couple of SG bats when I was in my school days. An el-cheapo Cover Drive and another one which I dont recollect the name.

We also had 5-6 SG bats in our team... Especially that SG Nexos or something I don't really remember.. Off Course it was of Indian Willow.. We never ever bothered spending 4k-5k for bats.. We were getting whole cricket set + snacks in that :bleh:, we were totally LOW BUDGET TEAM (damn low man)

Thnx guys!!

zanderzone said:
good price. I used to have 2-3 bats when I was in school, college. I like BAS Vampire the most. I even ported GM bat and Kokaburra bat but they're much light for my liking so sold them up... outdoor sport much much much, much raised to the power 1000 times better than sitting on computer....

awesome buy, congrats

i checked out some kookaburra bats...they were priced similar but are of a lower grade willow..and most importantly SG,SS and BDM makes those bats..

and yea outdoor sports are so relaxing(even though it takes out the last bit of energy in u) after a 9-6 desk job...complete satisfaction after a good session

dark.lord.rules said:
many of my team mates have this bat.........but donno why i cant play with it......kills the timin of my shots :( :(

There are many different weights available for this bat.
If ur playing early > u need a lighter bat
if playing late > u need a heavier bat

and trust me the weight is the most important factor here. I could feel the difference between a 1150gms and a 1250 gms bat..100 gms looks too little , but actually they make a hell lotta difference. very important to get a bat that suits u.

Rahulrulez said:
We also had 5-6 SG bats in our team... Especially that SG Nexos or something I don't really remember.. Off Course it was of Indian Willow.. We never ever bothered spending 4k-5k for bats.. We were getting whole cricket set + snacks in that :bleh:, we were totally LOW BUDGET TEAM (damn low man)

my earlier bat was a BAS kashmir willow.. used it for 7 yrs... :eek:hyeah: and still alive.
though never used it lately...
company bats are the way to go.. we break atleast 1 company bat every 2 months :D

Tron05 said:
Thnx guys!!

i checked out some kookaburra bats...they were priced similar but are of a lower grade willow..and most importantly SG,SS and BDM makes those bats..

and yea outdoor sports are so relaxing(even though it takes out the last bit of energy in u) after a 9-6 desk job...complete satisfaction after a good session

There are many different weights available for this bat.
If ur playing early > u need a lighter bat
if playing late > u need a heavier bat

and trust me the weight is the most important factor here. I could feel the difference between a 1150gms and a 1250 gms bat..100 gms looks too little , but actually they make a hell lotta difference. very important to get a bat that suits u.

my earlier bat was a BAS kashmir willow.. used it for 7 yrs... :eek:hyeah: and still alive.
though never used it lately...
company bats are the way to go.. we break atleast 1 company bat every 2 months :D

BAS Ton was the one of my favorite bat for strokes... I was crazy high hitter with that bat..

Lovely bat mate. I used to have the BDM Dyna Drive durin my school days....and then later got the Dynamic Power....lovely bats !!
Brings back a lot of memories !!

cheers.

Back