My new gaming rig for under 1 Lakh

ALPHA17 said:
And miss out on epic titles like the Total War series and the other RTS gamers they can't twiddle commands over an analog controller, also most of the best RPG titles are PC exclusives Witcher series, the Elder Scroll series and many more.
Same goes for PCs as well. I chose PS3 over PC due to upkeep of Graphics cards.. I mean you can't play all games until you have a great card.. and then RAM, CPU, PSU are few to name.. but on the other hand.. all you need to worry about is to get a Game.. rest will be absolutely fine.. no lag, no frame rate issue.. and everything works like charm.. and yeah.. UC2.. wow what a game man.. never played anything like it before..

and about the controller thing.. I guess with time.. everything syncs in.. you just need to get used to it..

but at the end its OPs decision to make.. Me and you can only suggest.. He may have other requirements apart from playing games only.. as he mentioned playing movies etc.. but I guess PS3 and XBOX handles them as well :p

So basically a 6950 crossfire will consume less power and produce much more framerate than a GTX 580. And I have to overclock the i7-2600 so that it doesn't bottleneck the crossfire setup?

I'm getting a bit confused here, but is that it?

And what is meant by the word "unlock"? Eg. 6950 unlocked to 6970

^^ Initial batches of 6950 and 6970 are marketed as different products with only the BIOS difference. If you flash the 6970 bios on a 6950, then it will unlock into a full 6970. The advantage being getting the 6970 at the price of a 6950. It has been fixed I guess in the latest batches. So you might have to take a change with the card. It might, or might not unlock.

6950 to 6970 Mod

Back