My new Rig - Finally comes through

Ronnie22

Disciple
Hi everybody,

After a lot of research and waiting for the best deal, I have finally been able to purchase all of the components. Now just waiting for this weekend when the stuff purchased from newegg arrives.

The list goes like this.

1. E6300 1.86Ghz
2. Asus P5B DLX Wifi
3. EVGA 8800 GTS - Waiting to arrive
4. GSKILL 2 * 1GB (4-4-4-12) - Waiting to arrive
5. Zalmaan CPU cooler - Waiting to arrive
6. ESI Juli@ sound card
7. 1 320GB Hitachi Drive ; 1 160 GB Seagate drive
8. Logitech S510 Media Keyboard/Mouse/Remote combo
9. Antec NSK 4400 cabinet
10. 3 80mm Antec Smart fans and 1 120 mm Antec fan - Waiting to arrive
11. Artic silver thermal paste - Waiting to arrive
12. Sony DVD writer
13. Antec Smart power 500 Watts

Will post pics shortly. Will also upload the final rig once i assemble this weekend.

Since this is my first rig assembly, I am nervous about the rig not powering on when I am through :( :(
But with the experts around in TE, I will not be short of help in getting it started.:hap2:

preethamkumar said:
nice rig.
is it the zalman 9700 or 9500

Neither its the 7700
But now I have doubts whether it would fit since I have taken a mini-tower(Antec NSK 4400) and the mobo is an Asus P5B dlx. There is a heatsink surrounding the cpu and the pSU isnot too far away either.:(

If that is the case then will place the fan on the block...keeping fingers crossed right now.

Hi everybody,

Been sometime since I uploaded pics as promised. My internet connection has been down for the past week.

However have uploaded the pics now, The rig is working great. However I have yet to do an important thing. The OS is still on my older HDD which is an SCSI at 5400RPM. Planning to get a 10K RPM Raptor and will then transfer the OS there.

Rig after assembly looks a bit crowded. However I didn't want a beasty looking cabinet amongst my other compenents in the HT room. Also since I didn't spend much on the cabinet now, I wanted something that would be invisible as far as possible in the room.

Have attached the fanmate of the cpu cooler by which I can manually lower the speed of the fan and this really helps. It makes the system a whole lot silent.

Have 2 80mm fans, 1 120mm fan, 2 PSU 80mm fans and 1 CPU fan. Yet to measure the db from the sitting position but temps in the case hovers around 37-38 and CPU is around 33-34 which hits 38 when I start encodng flacs. The 8800GTS is aorund 62-64 and once I have finished playing Carbon for 30-40 mins the temp is around 74.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 154
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 143
Some more pics...

Yet to add an Optical drive though.
Keyboard/Mouse and remote is the Wireless Logitech S510

Currently hooked onto the old Samsung 15inch monitor. Will be shifting the rig to the HT room one of the weekends. Then will have to get rid of the old comp and monitor and free up some space in the bedroom.:clap:

Mugen_Power said:
Congrates Buddy..

Do post some pics of your desk also..

Thanks mate.

Will do that tomorrow. Wife is asleep so don't want to wake her up in the middle of the night with the flash:eek:hyeah:

Its a cane table which I had made to order a few years back when I was in Chennai. Nice design with a cane chair with high backrest and arm rest. Looks completely cluttered now. Yet to dispose the old system and it also has the old 5.1 Creative Inspire speakers that I have not used from ages...

Awesome Rig dude! How much for the sound card n cooler? Btw, you couldv taken the Blue Orb II instead of that one as its almost the same thingbut looks cooler :D N which ram? GBPK?

Really awesome rig there.... Congrats !!

Please do note one thing buddy, EDIT your posts instead of making multiple posts.

You can edit posts for abt 30-40 mins after making the posts.... So, just edit the posts instead of making new posts :)

Anyway, nice rig.... Do oc that E6300 and let us know abt the results :)

Ank1t said:
Awesome Rig dude! How much for the sound card n cooler? Btw, you couldv taken the Blue Orb II instead of that one as its almost the same thingbut looks cooler :D N which ram? GBPK?

Thanks man!
THe sound card cost me 7.5K in Mumbai. Purchased from a retailer who 90% sells to recording studios and the like. Will dig out the info if you need it. Sounds better than my NAD and Denon Cd players:hap2: .

The cooler was purchased from newegg for 35$. However post purchase some ppl here in TE have given me the feedback that in a humid climate like Mumbai's the skin of the fins will start peeling off.:( If I find an hint of this then will have it replaced asap.

Nikhil said:
Really awesome rig there.... Congrats !!

Please do note one thing buddy, EDIT your posts instead of making multiple posts.

You can edit posts for abt 30-40 mins after making the posts.... So, just edit the posts instead of making new posts :)

Anyway, nice rig.... Do oc that E6300 and let us know abt the results :)

WIll do that mate :)
Just getting to know my way around here. Uploading the pics was a breeze but trying to get comments in between the pics was more frustrating so gave up after a few attempts.

Back