My old rig.....friend's new rig

Vandal

Skilled
As the story goes I once had a Pentium D based rig. Now I had been planning to go C2D ever since those jaw dropping benchies awhile back...but cash and time are not always easy to come by...moreover taking work home is becoming a pain in the posterior so the fact that everyone @ office knew vandy :p didn't have a PC in mumbai (well minus a couple of components anyways) worked in my favour...;)

So what did I do with the PC. well gave it (sold for throwaway prices :p ) to a very close friend of mine (we've been friends from school) fellow jabalpurians working in the big M. Finally I got the Antec SLB over to his place after a couple of weeks of delaying, and his rig was under way...

This is his first PC, he has never been to TE, probably doesn't know the difference between a 8800GTX and an FX5200, but he's a great friend, and he loves Max Payne!! In fact all he was concerned with was whether Max Payne 2 and Painkiller would run on this antique :p

I plan to take over all the new games next week and make a believaa outta him!!
Specs:
Pentium D920
1 GB OCZ gold ddr2 800
x1800xt 512
250 GB HDD (brand new)
Viewsonic 17" widescreen (brand new)
Antec TP550W SLI
Antec SLB
LG 18x DVDRW (brand new)
Here are a few shots of the assembling in progress (remember it was a weekend and we were in a party mood so the pics aren't exactly organised) -

all the ingredients:

holy trinity :p mobo, cpu, memory:

Drives (the ring is mine and shall henceforth follow all pics I post, sorta like windwithme):

Loaded but not locked:

finishing touches:

All done (What more do you see hint hint ;) )

windows xp here we come:

The actual adventure was the part when yours truly a very occasional fan of the bad stuff had a couple of whisky/cokes and bent 4 pins on the 775 socket...My friend started sweating when I explained what the possible repurcussions could be (this was after initial jests about my clumsiness :p ) I managed to get em straight after just 5 minutes with a screw driver...modesty at its best :D

We ended up at Pop tates malad after that...met a couple of prime candidates for vandalism :p and well, the rest as they say...are shots in the dark!!!

Ank1t said:
Viewsonic 17" widescreen :S

Which model n how much??

^^udit idiot :bleh: ...as mentioned my friend isn't on TE, not a techie etc etc...so its pretty good a rig for him... As for me you know my upcoming rig will whip your pants down laddie :p

Ank1t thats the va1703w or something. Just do a search for 17" widescreens there are very few around, and VS has only the 1 model. It cost 9500 bucks, astronomy computers, lammy...

Back