My PC build

ryu_88

Disciple

Specs->​

Ryzen 5 5600x
MSI X570 Tomahawk Wifi
Crucial Ballistix 2x8gb 3600Mhz CL16
Zotac GTX1050Ti (you know why :disappointed:)
NZXT C750 80+ Gold PSU
Deepcool Gammaxx 400V2 cooler (switched out the fan in this to an ARGB one)

Deepcool CF120 and Cooler Master MF120 3-pack ARGB fans (from techenclave)
Fractal Design Meshify C case with dark tempered glass
Kingston a2000 1TB M.2 nvme drive
Kingston a2000 500gb M.2 nvme drive

Keyboard - SK68 with Gateron Optical Yellows (later switched to browns) bought from meckeys
Mouse - Razer Viper Mini with Optical Switches

IMG_20220108_163133.jpg

IMG_20220108_163122.jpg

IMG_20220108_163113.jpg

IMG_20211125_123003.jpg
IMG_20211211_171437.jpg

Why did you switch from yellows to browns?
Gateron Optical yellows are the lightest switches ever - just resting your finger on a key will be enough to press it. The lowest actuation force combined with the lowest distance resulted in this, which was nice at first but later became very annoying with regular use. So i had switched to browns.

Now have sold my optical keyboard and got a k2v2, with some akko starfish linear switches luhed with 205g0 and Akko Macaw ASA PBT keycaps

Damm that sucks. I was planning on getting the yellows, currently have blues but they are so loud a scratchy.
any budget 65% recommendation?
also, where did you buy the Akko starfish from? how are they compared to yellows and browns? did you lube them yourself?

Damm that sucks. I was planning on getting the yellows, currently have blues but they are so loud a scratchy.
any budget 65% recommendation?
also, where did you buy the Akko starfish from? how are they compared to yellows and browns? did you lube them yourself?
try the IMKC discord server, they are very helpful for suggestions

bought akko starfish switches from KP Republic late last year, right before they added mandatory customs charges and etc. I did lube them myself, yes. Took a LOT of time (~2 full days) but they are 100% worth it, lubing switches is the one mod that makes the BIGGEST difference in your typing experience.

Akko starfish is a 55g linear switch with a double stage spring, so offers nice feel and is the perfect balance between light and hard actuation force (for me atleast). They dont really compare to optical yellow since yellow has ~30g actuation force i think, and the optical brown is a tactile switch, moreover both those are optical and akko starfish is mechanical so you cant really compare

Back