My Samsung Duos GT-B7722 Dual sim Mobile

uziel

Techie The Grandos
Adept
I bought this Samsung Duos GT-B7722QKAINU mobile from Samsung Company Showroom in Nehru Place, New Delhi at the price of 12000 including VAT. Though offers were available for 11350/- also in other places. I got a box sealed pack and I got it opened in front of me and tested its dual sim active at the same time in front of the sales person. While I was talking on Airtel, I got another call on MTNL and I was able to talk on both by putting one on hold. Though I did not try confrence between two calls!

You can see the Box Contents for the standard accessories that I got in the box. Its micro usb-3.5mm jack converter, a 3.5mm earphone, Travel charger, USB cable, 2 Kies cd, 2GB microsd card with adapter & Leather case. Though this phone was made in Sept 10 still an updated version of Kies is available on net. I have put the unboxing video review on Youtube Review

The look n feel of the phone is very glossy so finger imprints were quite easily visible.
The back cover comes of very easily and the internals are quite neately arranged. I will
mention mainly those points that I observed and those which are not very well documented. While pc connection all the programs must be closed else it will not connect. Also when connected to pc, you cant use mobile!!! But if a call comes, u can receive it. Applications are limited for this mobile. Some applications developed for Samsung F480 can be used in this phone.

Some codes that I tried and worked successfully are:

Software version : *#1234#
Hardware info : *#2222#
Battery info : *#0228#
Master Reset : *2767*3855#
Apart from SMS in landscape mode, you dont get q querty keyboard! Screen response is a bit slow specially when screen protector is on. There is no soft back button, there is a dedicated back button in front. Task manager is not accessible normally to kill applications. The ringtone volume is quite good. PC connectivity with Kies is a bit tiresome but cool. I charged the phone, it takes 2 hr full in power down mode... after that in 10 calls per day with abit of wifi/bluetooth activity... the charge stays for 2 days full. I will add to this as I use it.

Back