My Soundbar won't connect via hdmi ARC

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Hi
I was using my Blaupunkt Soundbar with sub woofer with my panasonic tv.
It was connected to the hdmi port that also has the sound out and was Woking great.

After I started using my tv as monitor I started using a hdmi switch with one of the ports to use firestick and as monitor.

Since then I dunno something happened now no matter which port I use, no matter if u use hdmi switch the Soundbar isn't connecting with the TV via hdmi cable

Just not able to understand what exactly happened.
The ports and cables are all fine.

Any idea???

Was planning to watch the spiderman tonight so need to attach the Soundbar

Thanks

This might be weird but disconnect the HDMI and power cables of the TV and Soundbar. Leave it for 10 mins and reconnect everything. Connect the soundbar directly the port it was working earlier without using the switch.

ARC occasionally stops working on a Sony TV at my parents place when they connect their speaker system (Forgot the brand). This always fixes it.

If you are Using ARC , please make sure the HDMI Switch is ARC Compatible , also if you have optical output , you can check routing audio in that path , if that works , also Which Switch are you using with a layout diagram of the connected devices helps ...

If you are Using ARC , please make sure the HDMI Switch is ARC Compatible , also if you have optical output , you can check routing audio in that path , if that works , also Which Switch are you using with a layout diagram of the connected devices helps ...
What is ARC?

HDMI ARC or Audio Return Channel is a feature that uses an HDMI cable to send audio from a TV back to a receiver or soundbar. That means you can use a single cable for both audio and video .
Okay
I don't know about this.
Because I don't use external speakers maybe that's why I never enquired or searched about this in the internet. Thanks for telling me this.

My tv has 2 hdmi ports one is the arc the other is normal
I use the switch on the normal one and the Soundbar is connected to the arc one

The Soundbar is working fine. Otherwise but just not connecting to the TV.

Another strange thing I noticed was that previously u was able to Co yril fire stick with my tv remote but even that I can't do..
Suspecting some issue with the TV..

Back