my startup looking for javascript/html hackers in pune

Oye,

I'm Bhasker V Kode, also known in these circles as Bosky . I do'nt think we've spoken my startup before. Actually hav'nt spoken about anything ,for a long time! so here goes...

I'm looking for a javascript+DOM / HTML hacker to join our small team , and work on several javascript , wordpress/facebook/opensocial plugin / Firefox extension development . The startup is based in Pune.

We work mostly on erlang, python on server side as well as ofcourse oodles of javascript / YUI on the front-end. No doubt there'll be a wide skills that will be put to test, and learning everywhere within the startup.

About hover.in

A little about the company and product. Sometime late 2007, I teamed up with Arun Prabhudesai a US-return IT/marketing prof with 10+ exp who pro-blogs (at //trak.in), to co-found the startup and lead as CEO, while I handled the technology aspects. Hover Technologies [1] was officially incorporated in 2008, and the journey has been fascinating so far. We were covered by Yahoo Developer Network for our involvement in the community [2] - running a conference & innovative technology showcase. Hover.in was also one of the 5 internet startups that were nominated at Proto.in [3] in jan 2008 (the Indian startup showcase event) of our web-based product that targets web publishers and bloggers as our customers. Prior to this, I had joined a Bangalore based startup called Sequoia funded - Tutorvista in the education space [4] immediately after graduating from IT in 2006. Arun has been working for an big IT-services company from India, managing projects across the US & UK, and he authors one of the most widely-read Indian Business blog's across the world.[5]

I doubt anyone will be joining us for the sub 20k salary we're offering for the first six months - but with stock opts (that will be worth quite a bit i assure u ;) , deferred bonus's and salary hikes, it's going to be exciting times at hover.in as it grows.

We have two developers currently (one of whom is a google soc [6] intern + a functional programming hacker) as well as another fresher who works on python. We just got ourselves a nice plush 3000 squarefoot office here in Kondwa/NIBM so the ideal candidate must be living in Pune as well.
Ping me back if you think you change the world with us, or do forward this ( preferably by email / in person instead of writing about it here or online ) to someone think will fit in the role.

Thanks a bunch... :)
~

Bhasker V Kode

Founder & CTO , Hover Technologies

+91 9767644631 http://hover.in | Customized in-text content delivery | Monetization for publishers , kode@hover.in

~

[1] http://hover.in | Customized in-text content delivery | Monetization for publishers

[2] First-ever PipesCamp held in India (Yahoo! Developer Network blog)

[3] http://proto.in/proto2008/files/FinalBooklet.pdf

[4] TutorVista - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[5] India Business Blog | Indian Blogs | Indian Startups review | India business buzz

[6] Google Code - Summer of Code - Google Summer of Code

Hey,

Neat website and concept. I picked guy from pune a month back for similar work. Currently working on making old apps worth with ajax. Apparently there are not many freshers with good DOM knowledge. I'll ask this dude and let you know if he has any friends.

All the best :)

Back