Monitors Need a 22 or 24" monitor/TV 1080p

vebk

Adept
I am looking around for a 22 or 24" LCD monitor that I can use for my PC (general use + gaming + playing downloaded HDmovies ), plus have HDMI options for the ps3 and other such devices.

Options:
  • 1080p (essential)
  • Tilt/Swivel so that you can read in portrait mode (essential)
  • HDMI (essential)
  • HDCP (essential)
  • Ability to change from PC to other input (ps3 / cable) with a touch of a button and without changing wires (essential)
  • Warranty (essential) - the longer the better
  • USB ports (preferred but not essential)

Let's say, cost no bar, but the cheaper the better.

What are my options?

Dell SP2208WFP - around 16k in retail outlets [but not Full HD mind u; rest of the options holds good]; :)

Dell SP2208WFP

Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP - around 26k if u can manage it through the Dell EPP [I highly doubt if its on now at good dicounts; heard they've lowered the discounts]; Else its around 45k as evident form the web;

Dell 2408WFP UltraSharpâ„¢ WideScreen Flat Panel Monitor

And TBF, if u want to experience Full HD, it has to be on a 42incher [or above] plasma or an LCD; 2 inches of extra real estate does not do justice IMO for the extra premium u need to pay; :no:

^ Dell sp2208wfp does not have Swivel stand, ultrasharp 2208wfp has ( portrait mode ftw :D ) . Besides sp2208 has glossy screen which many people don't like ( not all :) ) . Ultrasharp 2208wfp has everything above expcept hdmi, you will need to buy hdmi to dvi adapter for that . Sp2208WFP has everything u mentioned except swivel stand . As said above by gannu 2 inch are really not worth almost double price . Still if u have good budget go for ultrasharp 24" .

rapt0r said:
^ Dell sp2208wfp does not have Swivel stand, ultrasharp 2208wfp has ( portrait mode ftw :D ) . Besides sp2208 has glossy screen which many people don't like ( not all :) ) . Ultrasharp 2208wfp has everything above expcept hdmi, you will need to buy hdmi to dvi adapter for that . Sp2208WFP has everything u mentioned except swivel stand . As said above by gannu 2 inch are really not worth almost double price . Still if u have good budget go for ultrasharp 24" .

the price difference is not only for the 2 inches...UltraSharp 2408WFP has S-PVA panel and 2208wfp has TN panel

btw check out this..

BenQ India - Computing

Thank you all for all the responses!! Will look into them. Though a cursory look tells me that many of the suggested models lack at least one of the features I list as essential (e.g. HDMI or potrait swivel / tilt) so please recommend only those which match all of the features!!!

One of the monitors I identified early on was the Dell US 2208WFP. Unfortunately I don't know any Dell employees, and the best quote I have got on this forum is 33K, which is a shame considering some people got it for 27K. :(

Samsung just released three new series in India all of which go upto 22" and all models below Rs. 17k. Unfortunately their website sucks, and they haven't even updated it otherwise, so no details. Those some of the "HD" monitors listed on their site are actually 1050 and not 1080 though "they are capable of handling 1080 input" whatever that means. So I guess I'll wait till there are more details on that.

Plus people are anticipating a significant decrease in cost of LCD monitors in the next couple of months or so, right?

Back