Need a Android navigation app with turn by turn in India

Wolfff

Adept
So I have been using Google Maps but there's not Turn by turn navigation in India and it has sent in to a couple of completely wrong places recently :(

Looking for a better navigation app, have tried Sygic and like it, but not sure if its worth the money. Any one else can suggest a reliable Android app? I do not mind paying for it, but should be totally worth it.

My HTC Incredible S has a "Car Panel" which allows me to purchase Route 66 maps for India for ~1800. Has anybody tried those? Looking for suggestions...

I haven't tried, but have heard that MapMyIndia (Sygic) has the best stuff for India. You can even download for a particular state for 790 if you want to

Sygic "Map my India" does the job for me.. Have been using it for about a year now.. no complains.. You know where to get it for free :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Not sure about android but i use Sygic (MapMyIndia Maps) on my iPhone and its FANTASTIC!! Not just about turn by turn navigation, i found Sygic to give more accurate directions/locations than the Google Maps.

navino87 said:
Sygic "Map my India" does the job for me.. Have been using it for about a year now.. no complains.. You know where to get it for free :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

The problem with Sygic is that I cant really find a way find what I am looking for. e.g. If I want to go to Costa Coffee in Gurgaon, And I search for Costa Coffee Gurgaon, I get zero results. Searching for Costa Coffee, I get 15 results and have to go through each one individually to see which one is in Gurgaon :( and where the other ones are at. Its really unintuitive that way.

Any other suggestions?

PS: Send that PM to me too!!

You guys made me feel BAD :ashamed::ashamed:.. Anyway, Hope you guys got my PM ;)

Wolfff said:
The problem with Sygic is that I cant really find a way find what I am looking for. e.g. If I want to go to Costa Coffee in Gurgaon, And I search for Costa Coffee Gurgaon, I get zero results. Searching for Costa Coffee, I get 15 results and have to go through each one individually to see which one is in Gurgaon :( and where the other ones are at. Its really unintuitive that way.

Any other suggestions?

PS: Send that PM to me too!!

One suggestion, Just try this.. Go to "Navigate to" -> "Point of Interest" -> "POI in city" -> and type "Costa Coffee" See if this helps..

Selecting "Nearby POI" should help, plus the latest version has Google Local Search added to it.

Offtopic but, iPhone has google maps linked with Sygic in iOS5 with JB, so no more worries EVER :p

mjumrani said:
Selecting "Nearby POI" should help, plus the latest version has Google Local Search added to it.

Offtopic but, iPhone has google maps linked with Sygic in iOS5 with JB, so no more worries EVER :p

With what tweak / setting ?

And yes, PM please (for the android maps app) :p

Back