Less than 10K Need a basic phone with Whatsapp support (non-smartphone). Edit: buying the Redmi 2 Prime.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
As title suggests I'm looking for a basic "non-smartphone" phone.

Budget: lower the better.

The essentials:
1. Whatsapp support (should be fluid. Shouldn't give any problem with lags)
2. Dual-SIM (required)
3. Good battery life (I guess this is possible since its 2016 now and its not going to be a battery sucking "smartphone")

Please don't suggest a smartphone!

Microsoft Nokia 230. Feature phone costing 4k (MRP 4299). :|
First impression from a demo (not dummy) piece.
Keypad is not as comfortable as i thought it would be. Doesn't support 3G. Has a 2MP front and rear, both have Flash. Unnecessary features (2MP front cam and its flash) for a so-called "selfie" feature phone. Battery is rated only 1200mah. Old Intex feature phone had a whopping 3000mah battery.
Pros known thus far:
1. Candybar form factor.
2. Normal keypad.
3. Dual-sim (dedicated dual sim+microsd expandable).
4. Supports Whatsapp, Facebook and Twitter apps.
5. Pretty good build quality with Aluminium back.
6. Rear camera flash can be used as Torch.
7. 2MP secondary front camera with its own dedicated Flash.

Cons in my opinion:
1. Pricey! MRP: 4299rs. Put 1k (or 500rs for cashback offers) more and you can get a nice Moto E 2nd Gen 3G during a sale.
2. Not a great keypad, its decent.
3. No 3G. Even some entry level smartphones nowadays have 4G let alone 3G.
4. Battery only 1200mah.

Current verdict: even though it is pricey for a feature phone the Microsoft Nokia 230 is the only (as far as i know) feature phone with social media apps support. However with only 1200mah battery and lack of 3G a lot of people will give it a pass for smartphones and you should if physical keypad is not a must. But i might buy it anyway since it seems to be the only option which fits most of the requirements.[DOUBLEPOST=1462378384][/DOUBLEPOST]My recommended pricing would be 3000rs. Hits a good spot.

When the description said "supports Social media apps" I thought it also supported Whatsapp but it doesn't! Only FB and Twitter. Its ridiculous, its 2016 (2015 model) and you still don't have Whatsapp, which has quite possibly the highest number of users. That too on a phone which costs a freaking 4k??
What was Microsoft-Nokia thinking. Now I know why its not popular even though its good on other areas.
Will be an entry-level smartphone now.[DOUBLEPOST=1465924319][/DOUBLEPOST]Redmi 2 Prime here we come...

Last edited:
Probably on eBay. By scalpers.
I stopped checking ecom sites altogether as I was tired of waiting. I think they might have done a cash back offer before discontinuing them.
I guess Redmi 3 is on the way.
There is also the Lenovo Vibe K5 for 7k. Has good specs on paper but it seems to be plagued with software problems. The ratings on amazon is barely averaging 3.5/5.

Last edited:
Back