Budget 51-70k Need a laptop for day to day use

sumatrix

Skilled
Hey Guys.

One of my aquantaince needs a laptop for day to day use.
Use case : browsing , making and giving presentations, watching online videos in full HD,netflix etc.
He is interested in only Dell and nothing else.
Will an 8gb RAM be sufficient or is it better to future proof it with a 16gb one?

Was looking at the Vostro 3515. But most of the vostro reviews i read on Dell had bad reviews with almost everyone complaining about the laptop being slow and freezing while in operation.
Also are the Vostro's upgradeable to 16gb or do they have their RAM's soldered? And is the Ryzen as good as the i5 11th gen?

I also suggested the Inspiron 14 series for 66K but its going a bit out of budget.

The Dell G series would be a good fit, the one I've linked has the 10th gen processor but for a few thousand more you should be able to get the 11th gen one
DELL G3 Core i5 10th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/120 Hz) G3 3500 Laptop (15.6 inch, Black, 2.3 kg)

And yes a Ryzen 5xxx H series should be able to match i5 11th gen. (edit - Also check the suffix of the intel processor they will correlate to the amd ones link )

If you guys feel like exploring outside Dell I would recommend
HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5600H - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/144 Hz) 15-ec2004AX Gaming Laptop (15.6 inch, Shadow Black, 1.98 kg)

The price to feature offering seems like good value

Thanks for the reply. Do you feel its enough to get one with 8gb RAM and then upgrade it later on or just go for the 16gb one right from the start?

Thanks for the reply. Do you feel its enough to get one with 8gb RAM and then upgrade it later on or just go for the 16gb one right from the start?
I've found it cheaper to upgrade later on, just make sure about the number of slots before purchase

+1 @viv30911 suggestions. Upgrading later is usually cheaper.

Also Ryzen is more power efficient. So your acquaintance might want to consider that if he/she mostly used it off the charger.

Back