Monitors Need a LED/Full HD Monitor with HDMI

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Looking to buy an LED/LCD Full HD Monitor [1920 x 1080] or higher.
It must have an HDMI input.
Size : upto 21.5" or 22" or below, BUT not more than 22"
Budget: Within 9K
Decent calibration options [ability to save user settings]

Please do not suggest Dell "ST2220L" ? The Dell/India website does not list this model anymore. Has this model been withdrawn? This would have been my preferred choice unfortunately now I am in a fix. I also understand that it's still available at some online shops, however I would not like to go for any phased out model's. I am from Mumbai.

vivek.krishnan said:
Dude, before posting a new thread, have a look around. There are already opened threads here in TE. Just post it in one of them.

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/full-hd-monitor-under-8k-199815.html

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/suggestions-to-buy-monitor-led-lcd-199954.html

Also suggestion made above is good enough.

No offence Vivek. I have checked out both these recent threads. My specific requirement is an HDMI input also. I have come across many, yes many 1920 x 1080 monitor's BUT a vast majority of them DO NOT have an HDMI input & I am not looking to use a DVI-HDMI convertor as the signal strength & purity is not the same.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ALPHA17 said:
^^ BenQ E2220HD ~ 8800/- OR Dell ST220M ~ 8500/- are within your reach.

Thanks Alpha17. Now the BenQ E2220HD seems interesting and I will check out all the tech reports on this one. What's interesting is that it has 2 HDMI ports - that's great [out of 11 overall ports]

Incidently - The Dell ST220M does not have an HDMI port.

I am not sure whether ST2020L is phased out. I saw it many shops in Delhi last week. Initially i was undecided between Benq E2220 and this model but decided on this model as this is recent one than the Benq one and somewhat better support from Dell. I bought it from Letsbuy for Rs.7.7k delivered. Till now, I have connected it with Xbox, PS3, laptop, media player through HDMI. I am quite satisfied with its performance at this price. In fact, I am planning to buy another for my bedroom before the stocks disappear.

There are some great reviews of Asus monitors but I could not find any store in Delhi where these were displayed. May be you can try in Mumbai.

Kaval said:
I am not sure whether ST2020L is phased out. I saw it many shops in Delhi last week. Initially i was undecided between Benq E2220 and this model but decided on this model as this is recent one than the Benq one and somewhat better support from Dell. I bought it from Letsbuy for Rs.7.7k delivered. Till now, I have connected it with Xbox, PS3, laptop, media player through HDMI. I am quite satisfied with its performance at this price. In fact, I am planning to buy another for my bedroom before the stocks disappear.

There are some great reviews of Asus monitors but I could not find any store in Delhi where these were displayed. May be you can try in Mumbai.

Thanks Kaval. The fact that Dell ST2220L [I do not know about ST2020L that you have quoted & even this is not on their site] is not listed anymore on their website made me think otherwise [now what's available in the shops are all unsold stocks]. I totally agree with you that Dell offers better support than BenQ. I guess I will wait for a few more inputs and then take a call. I still have 3-4 weeks before I lock my new RIG.

terence_fdes said:
No offence Vivek. I have checked out both these recent threads. My specific requirement is an HDMI input also. I have come across many, yes many 1920 x 1080 monitor's BUT a vast majority of them DO NOT have an HDMI input & I am not looking to use a DVI-HDMI convertor as the signal strength & purity is not the same.

No offence taken, but having seen 2+ threads in the last week, with similar requirements, told you so. Maybe some1 ought to post a sticky thread for LCD's also similar to the computers config.

Actually, DVI is the better signal, not HDMI IMHO.

vivek.krishnan said:
No offence taken.......

Actually, DVI is the better signal, not HDMI IMHO.

Not quite true. The biggest problem with DVI is that it doesn’t support HDCP encryption by default, so if your hardware only includes DVI ports, you may not be able to playback full HD Blu-rays and other HD content [HDCP - High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection, a copy protection scheme to eliminate the possibility of intercepting digital data midstream between the source to the display]. Apart from this DVI does not carry audio signals. HDMI is the future & can support upto 4K resolutions.

Say If one goes for the BenQ monitor which has 2 HDMI ports - the second port can always be used to quickly view 1080p/720p or i video & audio from a digital camera; high end phone or i-pad etc. Looking at how technology moves ahead and seeking the better option available today IMHO is always a wiser choice.

Back