Laptops Need a new Laptop Battery

newuser990

Disciple
Laptop battery of my 5 year old laptop is dying...doesnt charge more than 25%. I called a few Sony service centers and they are quoting 7k-9k for a battery. WTF.

Do original batteries really cost that much?
What are my options?

Which laptop model is it? Try to look for options online. Batteries might be compatible across models. SO if you don't find one for your particular laptop model, check if there is a compatible battery from some other series of the same brand (Sony I guess). I got my Lenovo L420 battery replaced with an original Lenovo battery just a week ago. It was listed as Lenovo T410 battery. Bought it from Amazon for 3.4K.

Sony products cost really a lot, that is what I have observed. I was looking to buy RAM for a laptop of my relative, and the service center said 2 GB will cost around 2.5k-3k... which is a lot if I compare to RAM available on Flipkart etc.

You should note the model number of the battery, and see if it is available on Flipkart, Amazon etc, and what does it cost there.

thanks guys.

I found a battery for my laptop model Sony Vaio VPCEB14EN on amazon made by Lap Gadgets for Rs2500/-. Does anyone have any idea about this brand. Is it any good? is it worth buying these third party batteries?

My laptop is connected to main power 24*7. I need backup of no more than 20-30mins whenever there is a power cut.

Don't have any idea about it. Maybe someone else knows.

You can form an opinion however, on reading the reviews. I read some, and they were mixed.

Third party batteries are unpredictable. As mentioned above, do due diligence before buying. I also came across this site while searching for my L420 battery. You could check that too.

I bought one through ebay a year and half back for a HP laptop. The price was around Rs.2500 and it is still working good with backup of atleast more than one and half hours. I had bought these kind of batteries for other laptops also and found to be good. I would recommend this.

Back