Need a phone for internet browsing (Android or WP7)

rdst_1

Skilled
Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: 25k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar/Slider

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Amoled

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: None.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Any

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera with Flash, though an 8 MP will be preferred.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Any

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, Good contacts management with backup support, music.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Samsung Focus(11.5k), Dell Venue Pro(13-15k), Dell streak(19k), Samsung Infuse(20k).

I am very confused b/w the above phones as i have fell in love with WP7 interface but i really would like a device with a large screen such as the Streak and unfortunately there isn't any WP7 phone with larger screens.
This is the primary reason i don't wish to spend much even though i have the budget.
The above rates are for devices that will be imported from USA via the available PPO services.

Looking at your options and requirements, I feel HTC HD7 would be a better fit. It is an Windows Phone 7 and has 4.3 inch screen. Here is the specifications: HTC HD7 - Full phone specifications

My dad is currently using HTC HD7 and it seems the screen size is the right fit for him. He also had a chance to use my Dell Streak for a week and instantly disliked it. This was 6 months ago, when Dell streak was popular :) He is still using HD7 and will continue to use it till it goes AWOL. His main purpose of usage - Mails, Internet (Extensive browsing), occasional media and taking photos. It also fits his business requirements with ease.

I have always felt that 4.3 inches to be an excellent screen size for smartphones. It is neither too big nor small. But the HD7 does not come with Amoled screen, instead it has a LCD screen with 16M Colors. I believe Att has released the HD7S, which is the Super LCD version of HD7. But it seems to have no other changes hardware wise.

I would also recommend Samsung Focus because of Super Amoled Screen. Super Amoled screen is more better than regular Amoled. I am currently using Super Amoled in my captivate and I use it more often for browsing than my G2X. While 4.3 inch screen is better, 4 inch screen is sufficient for us. Of course, I cannot say what is sufficient for you. But generally 4 inches is good enough.

If you prefer to choose Android, you should definitely go with Samsung Infuse 4g due to Super Amoled Plus screen. Because when you are browsing the internet, you will need to have a really good screen that can help you read text and browse with ease without straining the eyes.

My advice for you is to stay away from Dell Venue, Dell Venue Pro or even Dell Streak. I have seen Dell Venue and Pro which are overpriced IMO for the hardware they have. Dell Streak was good but hardware wise inferior and I had rebooting problem everytime I played a game or video. It was rebooting regularly and was inconvenient. I got fed up, sold it as repair model and moved on. Once again it is my experience. Yours and others experience with Dell Streak in this forum might be better. Also it your choice that matters. So if you feel it is good, then go for it :) Happy Shopping

Back