PC Peripherals Need a PSU

Manish4

Recruit
Hi,

I need a new PSU as my current one is giving me some problems.

My config is -
i5 2400
Intel DH67BL B3
ATI HD 5770 XFX
2 x 4 GB RAM
WD 1 TB HDD
1 x DVD Drive
My cabinet is coolermaster elite 430 with 2 fans (1 LED)

I might add an SSD and a 2TB HDD in future so it should accomodate the same.

Looking for an option as cheap as possible

please tell your budget. i'd suggest seasonic s12II 430W or cooler master gx450w. both come around 3.5-3.7k.
the seasonic has 2 pcie 6 pin connectors whereas the cm has only one. the cm has 5 years warranty compared to 3 yrs by seasonic.

thanks for the reply 6pack. I was looking for in the range of 2.5k to 3k.

I see that Corsair VS550 is available at 3.2k. How is it?

VS550 is a bad choice.
Either get Corsair VS450 @2.3K
or
Corsair CX430V2 @2.5K

If you can find Seasonic S12II 430Watt model.

OP go for Seasonic S12ii 430W-3.3k OR CM GX450W-3.4k,If you want to upgrade everything later then go for Seasonic S12ii 520W-3.9k

i might go for CM GX 450 and will get it most probably from Flipkart.

BTW whats bad about the VS Series and what should i look into while getting a PSU?

i might go for CM GX 450
Good pick. It had a pretty good review on Jonnyguru : http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=231
Can't go wrong with either this or the S12II 430 as 6pack mentioned. I don't think there are any other options worth considering.

BTW whats bad about the VS Series
Cost cutting. They used cheap capacitors. Cheap capacitors tend to have a very short life. Once these caps pop, the ripple will be passed on to your system components and will stress your motherboard/GPU/etc. VRMs which will end up having a short life if they don't burn out immediately.

and what should i look into while getting a PSU?
1. That the platform can deliver stable power at all loads - you need to look around for reviews for that.
2. And that they use quality + properly rated components. Capacitors are usually the first part they cut costs on.

Back