Need a very basic phone but of good quality

destroyme

Disciple
hello friends,

I need a very very basic phone ( nokia 3310 types ) which was amazing in one aspect ... they did one thing best for which they are made off. Basic Telephony ( or basic communication ) ... No Signal dropouts, no issues with voice clarity, long battery backup and lastly good messaging.

Can i have such a phone in the era of Galaxy SII / Nexus / Apple / Sensation ?
I've lost the count of phones i've lost and hence don't want to waste any money atleast on mobile phones. I've I-pod touch to meet all my multimedia requirements and i'm not a onlined hooked guy, just want a phone for connecting purpose. i'll just use it for calling ( but then calling while in Metro, basements etc etc ) and messaging and alarm purpose. Everything else would be added bonus :D

I've mostly read -ve comments about Nokia 100, Nokia 1280 and Nokia c1 01 ( i'm preferring Nokia coz somehow i believe only nokia can deliver a quality product in this range but my expectation is repeatedly being thrashed :(, so i'm open to any branded company now )
Help me guyz and help me fast as i'm without a phone now and want to have it in this weekend itself.

Thanks in Adv.
Rahul

I have a nokia 1280. The voice quality in my handset is pretty bad. I am very particular about voice quality and reception on my phones. If you can extend your budget go for nokia c2 01. Flawless as a basic phone.

DarkAngel said:
Buy Samsung E1175 (Black) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews ~ Rs.1054 after using 'AMEXLB' discount coupon.

Satisfies your needs. But not sure how good is the reception in the basements etc... It depends on your operator too. So wait for fellow Samsung Guru series owners to comment of reception quality in such places.

I have this as my backup phone and its much better than 1616 or 1280

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

thanks to all for replying and suggestions :)

@darkangel: will surely look into the option and since it's already been seconded, it surely worth a try but in the mean time i've personally used 1616 and after each call i used to been in pain for minutes in ears i don;t know why ( may be 1616 was using speaker and loudspeaker as one thing) ...would this be the case with low budget phones ???

Also, how is nokia 100/101 ( i'm not being a nokia fan but just somehow feels quality of nokia is much better then samsung and nothing else )

@akash & @aka911 : 1280 is great but just came across reviews which states that it shuts downs and poor battery life and few even claiming that it's signal reception was not gud which made me a bit skeptic about the choice.

Again thanks to all of you and will wait for 1 more day to get few more suggestion before finally buying the set on sunday.

Cheers -

Rahul

Back