Need a website host in Goa

dsarosh

Adept
Hi,
Please recommend a good, reliable website hosting company. I am located in Goa, and I am not sure if I should go for a company located in Goa, India or abroad.
Please suggest a good website hosting company, it doesn't have to be the best, but not the worst either.
If you can recommend companies that you have used personally, that would be best.
Thank you very much.
Sarosh.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Just to add, we prefer the option for a one-time lifetime payment for the hosting rather than monthly charges.

What type of website are you planning to host? Prospective audience of your website and estimated budget, shared or dedicated host ?

The website is for my friend who runs a water proofing service in Goa. The audience will mostly be from website searches. We are not looking for anything fancy, mostly text and images, contact information, examples of work done, and a contact form.

PHP and MySql is required.

I think any host will do, not looking for the best. I do not know what shared and dedicated hosts means, because I am new too.

I am looking for a url such as www.goawaterproofing.com or www.waterproofinggoa.com

I just don't want to end up with a host that will prove to be a bad choice after a year or so. So any reliable, average host will do fine.

I am using hostdime.in and they have their own datacenter in mumbai, India. So for Indian customers, website speed and performance should be good. I am also a fairly new customer of hostdime, but no problems so far, customer service is prompt and hosting plan prices are pretty reasonable.

Thanks,

I still am new to some of the terms. What's the difference between Web Hosting and Reseller Hosting? Will the site open slower if I chose Web Hosting?

Will I get php 5.0 support and at least one MySql database with any plan that I chose?

For a single website, you need to select a webhosting plan. Every plan will have sql database and php should be latest version.

Reseller hosting is primarily used by web designing companies who purchase one single reseller plan and use it to host multiple websites.

i had setup my first website with asmallorange.com 3 years back. No problems so far.

They'll register the domain for your site, when u sign up for a hosting plan and do the dns nameserver settings for you.

^ Heard good things about ASO. With hosting, you always get what you pay for. So, my advice would be to always go with an established host even if that means paying slightly more.

I'm hosting 3 websites with HostSo - Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting, service is good, reliable, and the best I liked is customer support, they are available anytime as far I saw yet. And they are really cheap, with 29/- per month(don't worry you can pay annually and bi-annually). But the thing I didn't liked about them is their domain price are little bit higher than other's. Though we can of-course buy domain from any other.

Worth mentioning that www.whost.in and www.outpowerhosting.com are also good.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

EDIT : Looks like they lowered down the price a littile bit....looks almost same now as compared to others...

dsarosh said:
Just to add, we prefer the option for a one-time lifetime payment for the hosting rather than monthly charges.
No paid hosting will have one time payment system. You can contact hosting provider for long term deal like 5 -10 years.

If you have any question related to whost.in hosting service, you can let me know.

No never opt for godaddy for webhosting. Their control panel is one of the worst. It took me 15 mins just to locate the file manager, so that I can upload files.

Domain name: Namecheap

Hosting: Hawkhost or Hostgator

I think hawkhost would be enough for your needs. Also they have lightspeed webserver and not Apache, so its speedy.

Shakensoul said:
I am using hostdime.in and they have their own datacenter in mumbai, India. So for Indian customers, website speed and performance should be good. I am also a fairly new customer of hostdime, but no problems so far, customer service is prompt and hosting plan prices are pretty reasonable.

Well, things

1) Are you sure they own the DC in India? AFAIK, DC is owned by third party.

2) I too am interested in switching there, but setup fee puts me off

saqib_khan said:
I think hawkhost would be enough for your needs. Also they have lightspeed webserver and not Apache, so its speedy.
Yes, HawkHost is good choice, because they use Softlayer network. Litespeed certainly improves website loading speed, but its not good in all respect. The hosting company pay a good heavy fee for litespeed license which force them to sell little more.

Back