Budget 0-20k Need advice and suggestions for extra storage for games

Digigear

Disciple
For my Ryzen 5600x build with 1TB Gen4 nvme SSD and 32GB RAM, I need additional storage to keep games.

I only have the ASUS TUF B550M mobo, so the second m.2 slot can only go gen3 speed. So I would ideally want a gen3 SSD with some DRAM cache for best performance. But I also don't want to spend stupid money on it. So I'm able to compromise on stuff, except for storage size, because while I'm ok with compromising on speed, I can't really do that for the actual storage size.

In an ideal world, I would like at least 2TB of SSD, but I'm open to options, especially considering I have a 5TB external drive that I can relegate more unused stuff to. So I could do with less too. Although preferably I would like to have it all on my desktop.

Please share suggestions for which SSD units are best overall value for money. Thanks!

Just buy any decent gen 3 ssd like crucial p2 or any you can find cheap....As gaming doesnt requires that much storage power yet...If you want to future proof then buy a gen 4 ssd which will help with direct storage in future games

Back