Budget 71-90K Need advice for 1st time build

yash891

Disciple
Hello everyone, I am planning to build my first PC soon. I was initially thinking of getting it custom built from Bitkart, SMC etc. but decided against it because I think building it myself would be far more rewarding in the long term even if I find it difficult the first time. Here are some basic details -

1. What is your budget?
    • 85K (A little flexible)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Keyboard - Logitech Basic Keyboard
    • Mouse - Logitech G102
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Keyboard - Logitech Basic Keyboard
    • Mouse - Logitech G102
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - i5-12400
    • Motherboard - MSI B660 Mortar WiFi DDR4
    • Case - Lian Li 215
    • PSU - Corsair CX750F RGB
    • SSD - 1 TB Kingston A2000
    • RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 3200MHz CL16 16GB(2x8GB)
    • Monitor - Acer Nitro XV272U 27 Inch 1440p 144Hz IPS (Ordered this last night)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 12 months -
    • GPU - atleast a 3070 level GPU.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Online only.
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Maybe depending on the condition/price of the used product.
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No such preference, but want to stay away from brands known for selling low quality products even if they are cheaper.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • AAA Games such as RDR2, God Of War, Control, Resident Evil Village etc.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 2560x1440 / 1920x1080
    2. Desktop - 2560x1440
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10/11
I ordered the monitor last night for 22999. That leaves me with around 63K for the rest of the components. I was leaning towards a 1080p monitor but decided to go for 1440p since almost everyone on the internet considers 1440p 144Hz to be the sweet spot and I don't want to upgrade my monitor within just a few years. If there are any other better monitors at this price range, then please let me know since I can cancel this one.

I am open to suggestions for all my components but I think that the CPU and Cabinet that I have selected are pretty much the best in their price segments.

Regarding RAM, I just want something simple which can run stable at 3200MHz using XMP comfortably.

Regarding SSD, any SSD that has good endurance and can last long will do fine.

Regarding PSU, I want it to be a little futureproof. It should be able to run 3070/3070ti comfortably. If there is a PSU that is considerably better and futureproof(850W maybe?), then I am ready to spend more on this component, even if it means stretching my budget a little.

Please provide me suggestion and recommendations. Thank you!

I'm no expert but had a very similar requirement and have finalized the following build after the suggestions received from various members of the forum including @Docsaab :
CPU - Intel i7 12700F
MB - MSI Pro B660M-A Non Wifi (Already Purchased)
RAM - 16GBx2 (Will finalize tomorrow based on pricing)
Cabinet - Corsair 4000D Airflow
SSD - Samsung 980 1TB
PSU - Slightly confused between XPG Core Reactor 850 in comparison with Corsair RM850 since both are costing the same.
CPU Cooler - Deepcool AK620

I have an existing 1060 that I plan to use for some more time before upgrading to a 3070/Ti/3080. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back