Need advice for mobile phone for my mom, budget upto 7k

thegame

Adept
Hello all,

Need a mobile phone for my mom and the main purpose or only purpose is the basic thing in a mobile phone -- make and receive calls :) even sms is not required:D

Previously she was using Nokia 6260 and was comformtable with the flip type but now she is fine with the candy bar type.
Nokia 6260 - Full phone specifications

I have filled the below template with my requirements and to make it short I need a phone that has a clear color display, keys that are solid and easy to press (for old people), making and receiving calls should be easy and budget I can go upto max 7k.

Please note that I don't need a 3G or Wifi or good quality camera or touchscreen phone. Also am fine if i can get a phone with my requirements even at 2or3k itself provided it has a solid buidl and good battery life.

So please kindly post your suggestions and i am planning to visit the shops near my place (Univercell, Poorvika and Mobile store) to get a look into these phones if they are available and also check their prices, incase letsbuy or other online ones are cheap then I am planning to try them.

Thanks in advance and have a happy weekend!!!

1. Q: Budget?
A: Max 7k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: 1. Bar 2.Flip

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Nokia

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: No touch screen required

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Not required

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Anthing that fits in my budget and other requirements that are mentioned here

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: No 3G or Wifi required

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Just to receive and make calls.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: The keypad should be solid and the keys should be easy to press.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Just started to look around so thought of first posting in TE and getting some
advice, from my initial browsing (just started 5mins before posting this thread:D)
I liked the below Nokia phones;
1. Nokia 2730 Classic Buy Nokia 2730 Classic (Black) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
2. Nokia C1-01 Buy Nokia C1-01(Warm Grey) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
3. Nokia 2700 classic Buy Nokia 2700 classic (Grey) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Oops just saw this thread http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/need-a-phone-less-than-6000-a-194132.html
and its almost similar to my thread, so sorry for my laziness :( anyways please post your suggestions and it would be nice if any of you who owns the phone that I mentioned in my preference, post their feedback on the phone......
btw am not interested in Nokia 5130 and X1

As far as my knowledge is concern.. there are lot of mobile in 7k range

samsung galaxy 3

spics mi 310

and if you extend here and there

lg optimus one

motorola q3

nokia c3

go with android mobiles u wont regret a bit.

micheal687 said:

samsung galaxy 3
spics mi 310
lg optimus one
motorola q3
nokia c3

Thanks for your reply mate but sorry don't need a touchscreen phone as she is not comfortable (I am having LG O1 and also had Corby pro earlier, which she was not comfortable) Since no touch phone means Andriod is ruled out :)

micheal687 said:

samsung galaxy 3
spics mi 310
lg optimus one
motorola q3
nokia c3

Dude did you even read what OP posted?

DarkAngel said:
I would have suggested 5130XM but guess you don't like it. Have used 2700 and 2730 but found the keys a bit hard to press

Thanks for your reply and sad that the keys are hard to press, how about C1-01.. I will check these phones in my near by shops...

I was in a similar dilemma 6 months ago. I finally settled on Nokia C1-01.
My budget was also higher than the Rs. 2,500 that C1-01 cost, but more expensive phones are more complicated. C1-01 has relatively large sized fonts so good for mom. Keypad could have been better, though she is ok with its keypad. A very important feature of this phone is large time display on the home screen, so that she doesn't need specs to see time.

In fact, Nokia phones that cost less than 2000 have an additional feature - easy torch light. This could have come handy, but C1-01 does not have it.

Till now had a spare phone and since its gone now, i need to get a new one so bringing this thread back to life :)

so please post your suggesstions.. I need a phone just to make and receive calls, good sound quality, keys should be solid and easy to press.. Don't need Wifi, 3G, camera etc.. Budget max 4k

Still attracted towards Nokia 2730
Flipkart.com: Nokia 2730 Classic: Mobile

How about Samsung E2370
Samsung E2370 Xcover pictures, official photos

Get the Samsung E2230. Has a decently sized 1.8" screen. Guru phones with their whitish background have a good visible theme.
The keypad seems to be very comfortable. There was another TE user who was appreciating the wonderful keypad of the phone. GSMArena comments also concur with him :)

Buy Samsung Hero E2230 (Black) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Samsung E2230 - Full phone specifications

Samsung E2230 - User opinions and reviews

DarkAngel said:
Get the Samsung E2230. Has a decently sized 1.8" screen. Guru phones with their whitish background have a good visible theme.
The keypad seems to be very comfortable. There was another TE user who was appreciating the wonderful keypad of the phone. GSMArena comments also concur with him :)

Buy Samsung Hero E2230 (Black) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Samsung E2230 - Full phone specifications

Samsung E2230 - User opinions and reviews

Thanks a ton bro, I will check this phone in my near by shops to have a feel of it and any coupons/offers for it on online(letsbuy etc)..

My take on a request is a bit different.if you have a good budget of about 5-7k to buy a phone just for making calls for your mother or some near and dear one:

1.ALL major brands i.e. samsung,motorola,nokia,lg even indian brands have phones that will give no problem with simple voice calls
2.Just take your mom or dear one out to the showroom and let her choose the colour and looks of the phone-even things like weight and ergonomic feel in the hand.It will be a good experience for her to shop and choose a phone on her own-what feels right to her and what she likes.
3.The smile on the face of your dear one choosing a gadget all on her own is totally worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thegame said:
Thanks a ton bro, I will check this phone in my near by shops to have a feel of it and any coupons/offers for it on online(letsbuy etc)..

RCOMLB1. 15% max 1000 off coupon from letsbuy.

drsingh said:
My take on a request is a bit different.if you have a good budget of about 5-7k to buy a phone just for making calls for your mother or some near and dear one:

1.ALL major brands i.e. samsung,motorola,nokia,lg even indian brands have phones that will give no problem with simple voice calls

2.Just take your mom or dear one out to the showroom and let her choose the colour and looks of the phone-even things like weight and ergonomic feel in the hand.It will be a good experience for her to shop and choose a phone on her own-what feels right to her and what she likes.

3.The smile on the face of your dear one choosing a gadget all on her own is totally worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem with this is a shop might not stock all models and they might not have demo pieces for even the models they have!

drsingh said:

Thanks for your post buddy but my mom is fine with any phone and also I showed her the modeil Samsung E2230 on youtube:)

DarkAngel said:
RCOMLB1. 15% max 1000 off coupon from letsbuy.

Problem with this is a shop might not stock all models and they might not have demo pieces for even the models they have!

Thanks DarkAngel (actually you are a GoodAngel :p). Saw the phone in Univercell and they were quoting it @ Rs. 1960 so therefore I bought the phone in Letsbuy, applied the coupon (thanks again for that) and the final price was Rs. 1605 :hap2:

Once again thanks to you and to all...:clap:

Back