Need advice if I need to sell as it is

nsas02

Disciple
Hey guys,

I currently have a R5 3600 + Aorus B450 Pro Wifi + MSI 2070S. I had a good run with this setup and I've stopped playing games now. Kid growing and seeking more attention, not finding time during these wfh days, more responsibility as I'm moving up the ladder etc, all these contributed to me stop playing games. So i wanted to sell my PC, but I've been using it for my everyday work even though Ive a laptop for that.
Now, today while working suddenly the display went off and GPU fan stopped running. I checked the card in differently slots, different wires, still no luck. So I guess GPU went kaput.

Since I already decided to sell my PC, should I RMA the gpu before selling (still under warranty) or can ask the buyer to do it?
Since the card is still under warranty, would this issue reduce the asking price?

I'm just lazy or the service centre is far from my place, and current non-stop rains contribute and make me think like this.

What do you think is wise?
RMA the gpu and then sell the PC? Or, sell other components while gpu is being RMAd? Or, sell the entire PC post gpu is RMAd?
Looking for some expert opinion.

Its an MSI gpu and MSI is a huge headache given the exp. by members here. So it would be better if you yourself get the gpu rmaed and then think about selling the setup or keep it.

RMA the GPU yourself and then put up the components for sale. You will find it much easier to find a buyer for each component than for the whole PC. It's a good graphics card which is in huge demand, so you might find someone who is willing to buy the whole PC if it is priced right, so do keep that option open as well, but it is always quicker to sell each component separately. You might have even started getting PMs already regarding your pending sale, such is the demand for a rightly priced GPU these days and who knows, someone might take off the faulty GPU off your hands and RMA it themselves.

I posted for this Card outside the forum also. And i see people standing in line to buy this though it needs to be RMAd. What could be the best price for this? Bought on 2020 March, so basically 1.5 yrs old. Registered 8n MSI on May 2020 itself, within the 90 days purchase period
Sold!

Last edited:
The Processor and Motherboard are solid by themselves and no doubt about the GPU.
Might be better of if you put up a sale thread with all your components either priced as a whole or individually.

And leave the RMA to the buyer considering it's still under warranty.

Thanks guys for the replies. GPU sold outside of forum already. Will create a sale thread soon for the remaining components.

Back