Need advice on configuring New Rig

Ravindra

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I want to build a New Rig, to play all the latest games like - Assassins Creed series, God Of war, Gears of War, XCOM, DisHonored and also future releases.

Kindly advice me on the MoBo, Processor, GPU and RAM, also let me know what I can get in Budget of 30K or 50K.

(I don't need Monitor, Speakers)

Thanks...

1. Q: What is your budget?

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • NA (Need New PC)

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • NA

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i5 or i7
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard (preferable ASUS)

• GPU - NVIDIA (preferable)
    • RAM - any compatible

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
    • Can buy from United States

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Programming
    • Watching HD movies (least preference)

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Don't have much Idea about brands, suggest the best available.

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS
    • Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
    • Sports

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1200 (would connect it to my LED 32" TV)
    2. Desktop - 1440x900

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • No

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

@RavindraGo for this-
Intel i5 3450
Gigabyte B75M D3H-4.5k
Gsill RipjawsX 2x4GB 1600-3.5k
Segate 1TB 7200.14-4.7k
Sapphire HD7850-16k
Seasonic S12ii 520W-4k
Dell ST2220L-8.5k[If you don't have the monitor]
Nzxt Gamma-2.4k OR Bit fenix Alpha-2.8k
Hope this helps.:)

The GTX660 Retails for 18k or so here,If you're getting it from Newegg or so you'd have to go through customs and taxes and all,Are you sure you want to go through all that?,You can go for Zotac GTX660-18k locally,It's a good GPU but you won't be able to overclock the GPU and it's your call.
How about - ZOTAC ZT-60901-10M GeForce GTX 660 2GB Graphics card i am getting it around 230+ in Newegg here is the link
Newegg.com - ZOTAC ZT-60901-10M GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Will this be good to play all latest games.

Is Zotac a good company??

@Jakob - Sorry, I forgot to mention that my friend would be bringing this for me so there won't be any custom issues.

Additionally I have never overclocked stuff (neither mobo) so i am not sure if i will be overclocking it, infact I don't even know the benefit of overclocking, just had heard long back that overclocking can void your warranties and it overheats your product and is not good (I might be wrong).

Just want to know if this would be better than Sapphire HD7850, if not then I will think of getting sapphire from Newegg.

I just need a good graphics card so that I am to play Latest Games. Currently I own XBOX 360 slim but I have to pay hefty to get the games.

Thanks....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if that's the case then there's no need to worry about shipping,You can also go for Msi/Evga GTX660 than Zotac,The GTX660 suits you well,No need to go for anything else,Cheers.
- Sorry, I forgot to mention that my friend would be bringing this for me so there won't be any custom issues.

Additionally I have never overclocked stuff (neither mobo) so i am not sure if i will be overclocking it, infact I don't even know the benefit of overclocking, just had heard long back that overclocking can void your warranties and it overheats your product and is not good (I might be wrong).

Just want to know if this would be better than Sapphire HD7850, if not then I will think of getting sapphire from Newegg.

I just need a good graphics card so that I am to play Latest Games. Currently I own XBOX 360 slim but I have to pay hefty to get the games.

Thanks....

Back