Audio Need advice on either z2300/Mx5021/X-540 :)

sarsh11

Disciple
So I recently finished building my computer, thanks to some great advice from members here. Now I was looking forward to get a good set of speakers, I have a budget of about ~9k for both the speakers and a sound card.
I was thinking of the following:

Logitech z2300THX 2.1Ch ~ 7.5k?
Altec Lansing MX5021 2.1Ch ~ 7.5k?
Logitech X-540 5.1Ch ~ 6.5k

and a creative audigy value sound card 1.5k?
So which one should I go for? I am leaning more towards the Z2300 cause its been having rave reviews ever since it launched. The MX5021 also has great reviews but I heard the newer ones are of cheaper quality.
The x540 has great reviews for a 5.1ch and for its price even it looks like a great option.
So can you guys help me out here, also does anyone know the exact prices of the above in Chennai?
Thanks!

I have bought Logitech X-540 for 5.4k today. I will check them out and tell you.

For sound card I m also not sure, I think i will save some money and get a better sound card than Creative Audigy if there is large difference in sound quality. What say guys ?

Also remember 5.1 speakers will give u surround sound unlike 2.1

And from the reviews X-540 can satisfy ur surround sound need quite well!

And these are can be converted into 2.1 if u want to listen to music and all.

Great! Please get back to me on the quality of the speakers.

Also the MX5021 seems to be very hard to get, will go try ritchie street tomorrow to check out the availability of the above speakers and their prices :)

pranut said:
I have bought Logitech X-540 for 5.4k today. I will check them out and tell you.

For sound card I m also not sure, I think i will save some money and get a better sound card than Creative Audigy if there is large difference in sound quality. What say guys ?

Also remember 5.1 speakers will give u surround sound unlike 2.1

And from the reviews X-540 can satisfy ur surround sound need quite well!

And these are can be converted into 2.1 if u want to listen to music and all.
So what's your take on the speakers? Any idea on what's the current market price? Are these better than Creative T6060? Any idea?

yup, these are indeed great speakers I completely satisfied with em..........I heard they got a little expensive here in Delhi recently, u might be able to get em for around 5.8k......these are definitely better than Creative speakers in this price range!

sarsh11 said:
So I recently finished building my computer, thanks to some great advice from members here. Now I was looking forward to get a good set of speakers, I have a budget of about ~9k for both the speakers and a sound card.

I was thinking of the following:

Logitech z2300THX 2.1Ch ~ 7.5k?

Altec Lansing MX5021 2.1Ch ~ 7.5k?

Logitech X-540 5.1Ch ~ 6.5k

and a creative audigy value sound card 1.5k?

So which one should I go for? I am leaning more towards the Z2300 cause its been having rave reviews ever since it launched. The MX5021 also has great reviews but I heard the newer ones are of cheaper quality.

The x540 has great reviews for a 5.1ch and for its price even it looks like a great option.

So can you guys help me out here, also does anyone know the exact prices of the above in Chennai?

Thanks!
http://www.techenclave.com/audio-zo...fedale-9-a-168337.html?highlight=mx5021+z2300

http://www.techenclave.com/audio-zone/mx-5021-vs-z2300-151945.html?highlight=mx5021+z2300

http://www.techenclave.com/audio-zo...1-or-z2300-150377.html?highlight=mx5021+z2300

There are many threads on the comparison between mx5021 and z2300. Please search (the new super easy search field on TE) before creating a new thread.

Incase you feel the need for a personal thread, kindly mention your Requirements. As speaker suggestions may vary widely as per your usage.

Eg:

Kindly express your usage in terms of Gaming, Movies and music.

Also, express your BASS/Vocal/treble preferences if you can.

Because the 3 speakers you are comparing have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Back