need advice on nokia n9

cri_sss

Disciple
planning to buy nokia n9. i know apps are limited but its fine. i liked the phone design. how abt battery life..

Also since screen is gorilla glass is it scratch proof?

Since the model is not having much apps can we expect any good deals or heavy discounts?

suggest good deals in US or here. Any used ones are also fine in us or india

TIA.

planning to buy nokia n9. i know apps are limited but its fine. i liked the phone design. how abt battery life..

Also since screen is gorilla glass is it scratch proof?

Since the model is not having much apps can we expect any good deals or heavy discounts?

suggest good deals in US or here. Any used ones are also fine in us or india

TIA.

Since you like the N9's design, just wanted to point out that the Lumia 800 has an almost identical design, and comes with WP7 (7.5).
Although I would have advised Meego myself if it were not so tragically abandoned, at the moment WP7 will at least give a more rounded set of features, along with decent value and more apps (commonly used ones like Whatsapp, etc. will at least be there) and of course, official warranty too along with decent resale value too :) .
If you are hellbent on getting the N9, I wont say more, go for it :)

Since you like the N9's design, just wanted to point out that the Lumia 800 has an almost identical design, and comes with WP7 (7.5).
Although I would have advised Meego myself if it were not so tragically abandoned, at the moment WP7 will at least give a more rounded set of features, along with decent value and more apps (commonly used ones like Whatsapp, etc. will at least be there) and of course, official warranty too along with decent resale value too :) .
If you are hellbent on getting the N9, I wont say more, go for it :)

With the launch of Win 8, win 7.5 is useless mate (They won't even get the update for win 8, just a cheap 7.8 update)
Win 8 phones will have a memory card slot too ;) [Microsoft, seems have decided to kill Nokia's business and factories as they are doing it horribly wrong. People who bought 7.5 phones actually wasted their money as Win 8 came out too soon! and Nokia wasted too much money advertising the Lumia 800 phone, returns weren't that cool, wonder whats up with the launch of win 8 in the advertising ground now)

Your baby is sold here - Nokia n9 16gb mobile In Excellent Condition with All Accessories & Unlocked | eBay
(Sorry I didn't see it is used as I'm not into that phone, but I remember 21k as the price tag), the listed price is 21.9k, just use a 7% off coupon and you can get 1540/- Rs. off on it.
Alternatively if you can get it from US/UK get it, will be cheaper there.

With the launch of Win 8, win 7.5 is useless mate (They won't even get the update for win 8, just a cheap 7.8 update)
Win 8 phones will have a memory card slot too ;) [Microsoft, seems have decided to kill Nokia's business and factories as they are doing it horribly wrong. People who bought 7.5 phones actually wasted their money as Win 8 came out too soon! and Nokia wasted too much money advertising the Lumia 800 phone, returns weren't that cool, wonder whats up with the launch of win 8 in the advertising ground now)

Your baby is sold here - Nokia n9 16gb mobile In Excellent Condition with All Accessories & Unlocked | eBay
(Sorry I didn't see it is used as I'm not into that phone, but I remember 21k as the price tag), the listed price is 21.9k, just use a 7% off coupon and you can get 1540/- Rs. off on it.
Alternatively if you can get it from US/UK get it, will be cheaper there.

You are right about wp7 mate, but my aim was suggest him the lesser of the the two evils :)

Back