Need advice on PC components.

srik79

Disciple
Hello People and Tech Wizards,

I am thinking of buying a i7 2600k with Dz68DB board.

I already ordered U2412M from Dell, waiting for it to be delivered.

Purpose is photoshop and some gaming. New to gaming. won't game much so don't think i need high end graphic card(also need to keep the costs down).

Now i need suggestions for these :

Cabinet ( Need this to be able to cool the system properly as photoshop files will be heavy. Need something that will keep the components safe but don't want it to be bleeding edge tech - read super costly :))

SMPS ( Need something that will keep the components safe but don't want it to be bleeding edge tech - read super costly :) )

RAM ( thinking of 4x4gb ram which costs 4000-5000 - Corsair i think)

Graphic Card ( Again something mid range and maybe 2GB ) (OR can i skip graphic card as Dz68DB board has integrated graphics?)

I also need an additional monitor, thinking of BenQ e2220HD. Can someone from Hyderabad point me to BenQ retailers in Hyderabad. I did a round of CTC here in hyd but the shops i visited did not have it.

So i guess i need suggestions on which cabinet+smps+graphic card(Rs 8000-10,000 for all three) and where they are available in Hyderabad.

Thanks,

Srik

---------------------------------------

Request to mods : can you please move this to PC Buying Advice my mistake :)

---------------------------------------

thats an extremely low budget for all 3 things but this is what you can get..

nzxt gamma 2k

smps corsair gs600 3.5k

gfx card gts 450 6k

so basically around 11k

but thats the best you can get for that budget...

but if you really wanna make a good rig then

buy a cpu cooler and invest in a bette gfx card as you will be doing photoshop works....but thats just my opinion....

It would be better to buy i5 2500k and overclock it, use the money saved to buy better graphics card (say atleast 460 ). Rest of the components as suggested by ghost_z

Better off with a i5 2500 at ~10.8K and ASUS P8P67 B3 at ~10.5K (This will save money and you can invest more in GFX)

NZXT Gamma at 2.1K

Seasonic SIID 520w Bronze (5 years warranty) at 3.5K ( Just for info, GS600 at not available at 3.5K AFAIK)

I would suggest a 5770/6770 at 7K as they have a lot better performance compared to GTS450 and catches up 550ti too (Take this suggestion only if you are sure that you going to purchase i5 "k" or i7 "K" version and Z68 mobo)

If not then invest the balance amount in getting a 6870 at 11.5K

Corsair XMS3 4x4gb 1600mhz

Back