PC Peripherals Need advice on which 19" tft is better to buy???

gaurav0110

Recruit
Hi,

I am planning to buy a new 19†tft monitor. I have narrowed down my search to 3 models.

1. Samsung 932NW
932NW TFT LCD monitors - monitors SAMSUNG
2. Viewsonic VG1930wm
ViewSonic - Products - VG1930wm
3. LG L194WT
Life's Good
All these 3 models have almost the same specification and cost wise also it doesn’t matter to spend extra 500-1000 rs for a better product. I did a lot of comparison and read a lot of blogs on these 3, according to the blogs I think both Samsung and viewsonic are good, even lg has no as such problems. All these 3 models have common specs just one major difference, Viewsonic and LG one have both VGA and DVI but Samsung has only VGA. The Samsung guy told me tht u won’t require a dvi in until u are using a very high graphic card. I am not sure weather he was right or just trying to sell his product. To me, Samsung was the most appealing as its looks are damn good………so I m confused. Also I need to know how important is DVI in port??? Any pointers will be really helpful.

Do you have a graphics card with a DVI port?? If yes then go for the LG or the Viewsonic one.... or else the samsung...

^^^^As Neville said, if you have a graphic card with DVI port then you should go for the LG or viewsonic since there is a difference in quality between DVI and VGA where VGA is an analogue connection and DVI is digital

Of the 3 shortlisted You can rule Samsung out because it doesn't have DVI. Viewsonic has too many support issues of late if you see the forum but that's with the 1932 model. That leaves the LG and I believe its the best of the lot. Do check Chroma, they have some deals on 19/20/22 inch LG's. I saw the 22 inch one for 12k and that's a really good deal plus the particular LG model is well spoken of at Hardforums.

yea i am also using LG L194WT and it is one sexy looking monitor. however i was unable to find the monitor for my frnd as it wasnt available at our place anymore. only L194WS was available which doesnt have dvi. so go for L194WT (wid dvi) if available.

TRy the Viewsonic CASA series 1926 with dvi to b specific ..get it if available ..these ones offer newer a-si panels and good contrast ratio and better viewing angles.

Look if u want the look and superb glossery display then go for samsung...

Because Analogue and DVI port may differ in signal...but parctically u cant diff between this 2 signal.....
And in look samsung 932nw is superb!!!!!!!!

Now as u wish!!!:clap:

I am using AOC 19" wide screen. They have many models; with & without DVI.
Before purchase I spent time on many models & found AOC better then LG.

Hey, thanx all of u for so very useful advices......
no one suggested me dell before, so i didn't cheked it out??
Dell E198FWP and SE198FWP are good one's(correct me if i am wrong, but the only difference between these two models is the panel colour)
they come with VGA and DVI both, any one who is using this one???
I need to decide now between LG and Dell..........
samsung .....ruled out as no DVI
Viewsonic have lot of complains but it again doesn't have many complaints with this model 1930, still i guess i should rule out viewsonic also, anyone using this particular model, please suggest.....

Yes .. Difference between SE198FWP and E198FWP is just the color difference..

This is the thread

You'll get the Dell delivered for about 10.5k in 10 days time ..

People here swear by the Dell's quality. You won't regret it once you get it ! :)

Back