Need advice on whole house 30 KVA Stabilizer

I am planning to buy a 3 phase 30 KVA Servo Stabilizer for residential purposes (meaning unbalanced load and 3 outputs one each to one phase into the house). I got a quote for a local make stabilizer at 80K including GST.

This actually is for my brother but I need to make the decision for him. The reason he wants to buy it is because a few months ago they had a huge surge due to 2 11KVA lines coming in contact resulting in fire and frying up quite a few appliances and standalone stabilizers.
  1. What do you guys think of the price? Is it reasonable or am I overpaying for it?
  2. What the features I should look for?

First install surge protectors, your 30kv stabilizers will also cannot withstand a 2 phases of lines shorting let alone a 11kv power lines.
The going rate for a good servo stabilizer is about 20k for 10kva single phase, this was the price in 2017. Copper prices have since gone up. If you buy a single cabinet unit with internally three separate servo transformers inside, it will be cheaper then buying a single cabinet separate individual units. The prices you have been quoted seems a bit high.

The maximum sanctioned load in india is 7kw/phase at best you can go for a 7kva (it can give 7kw of resistive load) or 10kva three phase stabilizer (if you factor in inductive load).

Last edited:
First install surge protectors, your 30kv stabilizers will also cannot withstand a 2 phases of lines shorting let alone a 11kv power lines.
The going rate for a good servo stabilizer is about 20k for 10kva single phase, this was the price in 2017. Copper prices have since gone up. If you buy a single cabinet unit with internally three separate servo transformers inside, it will be cheaper then buying a single cabinet separate individual units. The prices you have been quoted seems a bit high.

The maximum sanctioned load in india is 7kw/phase at best you can go for a 7kva (it can give 7kw of resistive load) or 10kva three phase stabilizer (if you factor in inductive load).

OK. Thanks.

Back