Graphic Cards Need advice to buy GPU & CPU Cooler for 45k

r08in

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    • 45K~
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i7 4770k 3.5 GHz
    • Motherboard - Asus Z87 Pro
    • GPU - ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
    • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x8 GB 1600 MHz
    • Monitor - Dell ST24020L
    • PSU - Corsair TX750 V2
    • Storage - 128 GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 500 GB Seagate HDD, 1 TB WB HDD
    • CPU cooler - Stock
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Above all except for GPU & Stock CPU Cooler
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • GPU - Good R9 290 4GB GDDR5 or any equivalent (Please give me your advice on this)
    • CPU Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 412 Slim Cooler or Corsair H100i Cooler
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • PSU when i start OCing in near future
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • if a companies service is not near or bad then i will like to avoid their products
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • All Genres (mostly FPS & MMORPGs)
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1980x1080
    2. Desktop - 1980x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Yes
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
--------------
Hello all,
Need help on purchasing GPU & CPU Cooler. I have been searching for GPU, but could not able to decide which one to buy.
I have R9 290 4GB GDDR5 in mind but don't know which brand to purchase, please guide me on this.
If there are any other GPU's which are equivalent or more powerful than R9 290 under 40K, please let me know.

P.S: Hopefully i wont have to upgrade my PSU with a new GPU & Cooler ^ ^

Thanks in Advance.

@r08in If you decide to buy a 290 don't buy the reference cards because they have a problem with cooling and sound like a jet engine. Instead, choose the Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X which has excellent cooling and a great difference in temperatures. It will cost you around 35-36k while the reference cards go for around 33k. As for the performance, the 290 is great value for money, but it is usually said that the 280x has far higher price/performance ratio. But since you have the budget, you can go with the 290. Can't speak about the cooler though. Hope this helps.

Thanks artikle for your help.
I will be purchasing 290 non reference GPU you suggested.Have couple of questions,
Is my PSU (TX 750) will be enough with this card?
Does Sapphire have good service in Hyderabad and Bangalore?
I am still not sure from where to purchase (Flipkart of SP Road bangalore), any suggestions?
Btw have looked in to more on CPU coolers and found a really nice Cooler "Noctua NH-D14".

1. Aditya Infotech which takes care of service for Sapphire is present in Hyderabad, can't confirm about Banglore.
2. TX750V2 is enough for a R9 290.
3. Get the Tri-X variant of Sapphire at 36K.
4. Take Nzxt Krazen X60. Should be within your budget.
Just make sure your cabinet is specious enough to fit in a huge card & a 280mm radiator.

Thanks @manjeet,
I am certainly going for "Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon R9 290 TRI-X OC 4 GB DDR5" as my GPU.
As for cooler, Nzxt Kraken X60 doesn't fit in HAF 912(Searched in Google). So i am thinking of Noctua NH-D14 for now.
I will purchase in couple of days, Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back