Monitors Need advise for the best 24"/26" LED/LCD Full HD monitor for PS3,xbox360 & moviz

Hi guys. I had posted this topic under gadgets and consumer electronics and got just 1 reply out of 193 views. Sad i know. I put it in the wrong section i guess. I am very confused. Please tell me some good 24" and 26" full HD LED or LCD screens which are best for console games and watching movies. Should have good connection features also. What do u all think of the Benq G2420HD, Samsung PX2370 or any other screens. The Acer GD245HQ looks awesome and has some nice reviews too but is not available in our great India. If i buy this from UK then will it work here. I mean will i have to use a converter or step down transformer to match the watts?

18k is my budget.

Re: Need advise for the best 24'/26'" LED/LCD Full HD monitor for PS3,xbox360 & moviz

What is your budget?

In the 23" range i would suggest you to go with the IPS panel instead of TN panel. I have bought the Dell U2311H 2-3 weeks back and it has absolutely amazing looks and the movies/games look to good..dont have words for explaining it actually

MnVn

Re: Need advise for the best 24'/26'" LED/LCD Full HD monitor for PS3,xbox360 & moviz

What about response time? Its not great i read everywhere. Budget i can stretch to 18k. Dell U2311H doesnt have HDMI. Its so common in many LCD monitors and surprisingly this one lacks it.

+1

to the above recommendation... Dell U2410 has HDMI... but if u r too much concerned about the response time then go for BenQ G2420HD... it has 5ms response time and has HDMI port to connect gaming consoles.... :)

And what about Samsung's PX2370 LED monitor. Has 2ms response time, Full HD, DVI-I, Analog RGB, DVI, HDMI, SOG, Audio line-out, Optical output, it is incredibly slim. Pretty much everything i guess. Any of u spotted the screen in India? what about price?

Gosting of dell IPS panel is an issue of the Past !! dont fret over th eresponse time of The 2311 its great ! good for movies ang game s, once you have seen the IPS /VA s in action you wont go back to TN panels :D

As for HDMI ...why do you want one ...a simple /cheap/available DVi>HDMI adapter will do the trick.

HDMI are for AUDIO and VIDEO . DVI = HDMI - AUDIO ( in Lehman terms ) . Now why do you need audio in a output device that outputs only VIDEO

THat no HDMI argument is stupid IMO.

As I think I mentioned, I bought the Dell U2311H. I too was looking to buy the Samsung p2370 (because I wanted to play xbox) but after reading numerous reviews found out that Xbox looks bad on samsung p2370 (correct me if I am wrong because I havent seen a practical demo but read reviews). Plus the x360 just blows me away on my Dell u2311h. You wont regret buying the 2311H but if you have the moolah, by all means why not go for U2411H instead?

MnVn

double the cost from 2311 to 2411 is not justified IMO :(

If you are upgrading go all the way up to 27" for around 40K ...else get the 2311 :)

Back