Need advise on buying extended warranty for Oled TV

belictony

Disciple
Hello...

I recently bought a LG C1 55" OLED TV. Manufacturer warranty is for 3 years and planning to take extended warranty for 4th and 5th year.

LG is quoting 41300 while onsite go is quoting 16500.

1. Anybody has experience with LG or onsite go or other third party warranty services?.
2. Is it better to go with LG or third parties?.
3. LG covers the below items:
HE Products: Chassis, PCB, Tuner, Picture tube, LCD module, Electrical switches, PDP module, SMPS, FBT, Guns, Speakers, Capacitors, Diodes,
Transformer, Transistors, IC, Remote PCB.

Is there anything important not covered in this listing that I should be aware of?

As others are mentioned, I would recommend getting the OEM extended warranty or nothing at all. Third party warranty always seems to have some issues. Speaking from my own anecdotal experience.

I had purchased Flipkart's Jeev's extended warranty with a VU TV purchased from Flipkart, they refunded around 70% of invoice amount when TV went bad in warranty period (Since repair was not feasible for them).
Currently having a VU Tv with extended warranty from VU only.

Problem with Brand names like LG & Samsung is that they charge a bomb to replace something. Had a 24 inch Samsung TV in office which the Samsung engineer quoted 16K to repair while same model new was selling 18k :\.

For your peace of mind buy company's warranty, for third party's peace of mind buy third party warranty.

Back