WTB Need affordable smartphones for villagers (no donations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
So where I'm right now is on the outskirts of the district. Its a village in a pretty rural area. Its like a village cluster. Many of them still use black and white phones. But some of them want to use WhatsApp for news (now that I said that please don't derail the thread by bringing up molar subjects) i.e. important local news like gas news and another govt schemes and advertisements. And they cannot afford new smartphones.

They will not be able to spend more than 6-7k (max just an idea). I think most of them will be looking only at around the 3-4k.

Now the specs and features of the phone: SoC doesn't matter. RAM doesn't matter but shouldn't lag with daily basic tasks. It would be great if it has no problem streaming/viewing online classes. Wireless network need to be dual-band if possible, many phones in the budget range come with a single 2.4GHz band. They will not be able to connect to the faster 5GHz mobile hotspots. No gaming at all. Camera should be usable. Physical condition wise, what they need is smartphones in good condition. That means no cracks no broken displays no software issue. Good battery life if possible. No USB charging port problems (old phones which are heavily used tend to have this problem). Anything which needs repairs I will not accept as it's too much of a headache and I don't have time for it right now. Repair it first then talk to me again please.

For eg. I have an old Redmi Go phone which was used by my dad and is in very good condition. Been using with case since day 1. Its also an Android One phone meaning stock android and minimal bloatware. But for some reason this phone is very sluggish even after I factory reset it. I cannot give away this kind of phone. Its only going to piss them off. If anyone has any solution for this please let me know.

This is not a call for donations or charity. They will pay as they are hard working villagers with honor and I will just pitch in with a few hundreds here and there as required. Also I don't want any silly drama.

Pic tax.
20220505_121953.jpg
The rocks here will be the foundation for my little farm.

Bump. No one has any older model smartphones in good condition? Doesn't need to have top tier specs. I think Moto phones would be great being stock android and all that. No one likes bloatwares clogging the phone.

I have honor 8 pro...4 years+ old....needs battery replacement only which i haven't been able to do yet.....apart from that it works great and is a gem to use.....will update here if i find the genuine battery for replacement.
Have an old iphone SE also whose battery is 76% now and backup is one full day max but finger scan/touch button doesn't works.

I think battery replacement should be simpler than display replacement yeah?
The problem is the service centers in my area aren't good. They have the parts mostly of the common and popular models from xiaomi and OPPO vivo. And now that I'm out of station I'll be unable to go back to the town for sometime. That is why I said I have no time for repairs.

I have these. Most of them should work, some might require little work.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-22 at 5.02.16 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-22 at 5.02.16 PM.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back