Budget 20-25K Need Android with good multitasking and music

pauldmps

Skilled
1. Budget?
A: INR 20k-25k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 5.0"-5.5"

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android preferably with Marshmallow (or upgradable to MM)

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G preferably with VoLTE

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Mi5 looks good but MIUI sucks as well as their software update policy.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: I have three work emails that should always snyc + dropbox, etc. So need something which can handle multiple background services.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual sim required

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Will buy online on EMI

9. Any other requirements?
A: MicroSD card slot if internal storage < 32GB

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Lenovo Vibe X3, Oneplus 2, Mi5, Moto X Play, Nexus 5X

I am on a tight budget and the upper limit is 25k but would like to spend less if possible.

The Vibe X3 looks the best bang for the buck @ 20k but it is OOS for don't know how long. Plus Lenovo quality is not something I'm fan of. And it has been reported that rooting is impossible on this phone.
The Mi5 has awesome hardware but the MiUi ruins it all. Plus I have absolutely no faith on Mi regarding future upgrades to newer Android versions. Even Mi has started enforcing restrictions to bootloader unlocking.
OnePlus 2 seems to have a little lower specs at this price point to its competitors.
Both X Play and Nexus are out of my budget unless I get a good deal and are now these phone have a little dated specs.

Have you checked LG G4? There is one going in market section and is dual-SIM.

I know you are looking to purchase new only. But if that model is available near 25k mrk online, you may opt fir it.

How is the iPhone 5s? It is 3 years old so I'm not sure how well it handles iOS9.
I am looking for a no-nonsense phone that does not hang and will handle email & music.
Why I'm considering the iPhone is that a I also need a phone for development of iOS apps.

How is the iPhone 5s? It is 3 years old so I'm not sure how well it handles iOS9.
I am looking for a no-nonsense phone that does not hang and will handle email & music.
Why I'm considering the iPhone is that a I also need a phone for development of iOS apps.

It runs good for daily driver. But I would suggest against buying that device at full price of around 20K.

Yes its a perfect device for 18K. doesnt hang and very smooth with IOS9.

There's Lenovo ZUK1 for 13.5K, comes with Cyanogen mod. 64GB inbuilt memory and 801 processor. Take a look at that

Yes its a perfect device for 18K. doesnt hang and very smooth with IOS9.

There's Lenovo ZUK1 for 13.5K, comes with Cyanogen mod. 64GB inbuilt memory and 801 processor. Take a look at that

I'll wait for the reviews before opting for it. Plus the design looks awful in pics.

Ask @tommy_vercetti to put it on ebay and pay by EMI.
Will buy new only. It is going to be my first phone with my own salary!

4G preferably with VoLTE
here

Android phones with following Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor would come under VoLTE support list: 400, 410 412, 415, 430, 615, 616, 617, 618,620, 650, 652, 800, 801, 805, 808, 810 and 820. Be sure your VoLTE supported 4G mobile is on Android 5.1 as it offers customized settings for VoLTE.

VoLTE supported iOS devices

iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6s Plus etc.

good mulit-tasking means one thing. 4g ram

Plus Lenovo quality is not something I'm fan of. And it has been reported that rooting is impossible on this phone.
The Mi5 has awesome hardware but the MiUi ruins it all. Plus I have absolutely no faith on Mi regarding future upgrades to newer Android versions. Even Mi has started enforcing restrictions to bootloader unlocking.
Mm enforces encryption and requires bootloader unlock to be able to root.

Looks like you have to stay on L forever in that case or get a device that has BL unlock on MM. heh, how many midrangers allow this.

Good music you can get with any device if you pair with a dac and usb audio.

L supports audio via usb natively.

it seems you're looking at a nexus, but they don't come with 4gb yet.

How long you plan to keep the device ?

Last edited:
Redmi note 3 ? this is the biggest competitor to moto g.

good phone for backup.

What i'm finding is people don't have backup phones then are under tremendous pressure to get something quick.

Last edited:
Back