Need career guidance for a math lover :)

selinakyle88

Biggest batman fangirl alive !!!
Disciple
Mar 28, 2013
Bangalore
Hello,

I am currently working for a MNC in Bangalore which pays quite ok. I am not so happy with the job due to various reasons like less opportunities to learn, less visibility in team as I am the youngest member, slow promotion process(although hikes are decent), etc. I am planning to make a switch after I complete 3 years, which will be in July this year. I really love math and I was wondering if there are any more companies in the city like MathWorks which might interest me. I have experience in Java and C#. Please suggest some companies which I could work for.

Thanks!

Jun 24, 2008
Bengaluru
www.siddanthadiga.com
Hello,

I am currently working for a MNC in Bangalore which pays quite ok. I am not so happy with the job due to various reasons like less opportunities to learn, less visibility in team as I am the youngest member, slow promotion process(although hikes are decent), etc. I am planning to make a switch after I complete 3 years, which will be in July this year. I really love math and I was wondering if there are any more companies in the city like MathWorks which might interest me. I have experience in Java and C#. Please suggest some companies which I could work for.

Thanks!

Try kadence

tifosi

Skilled
Mar 15, 2005
Whats your level of education in math? Unless you have a PhD or atleast a Masters in math, you will not get to work on the core math libraries in companies like Mathworks - if that's what you're looking for. You can still work for Mathworks, but you'll be working on the GUI or performance tuning or testing or the parallel libraries and your love for math will still go unsatisfied in such roles.

TheIndian

Skilled
Sep 19, 2007
Mumbai
Hello,

Thanks!
Financial MNCs like Deloitte, Goldman Sacs etc pay a bomb for these skills and if you are a maths harlot, the sky is the limit.

Feb 3, 2011
New Delhi
I also need to know abt mathematics courses available in india...am currently in my final year of btech....need to know abt these mathematics analyst and all jobs....pls help me out tooo...am frm delhi