Budget 71-90K need comp for studio

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

• non

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement

Need a good sound card as well which would do the job.
Intel i7 3770-18k
Gigabyte B75M D3H-4.5k
Gskill Ripjaws 4X4GB 1600mhz-7k
Seasonic S12II 620W-5000
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5000/-
saphire ati 7950 3gb-23k
logitec k200 keyboard mouse combo-rs 700
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4000/-
Crucial M4 128GB SSD ~8500

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
final
Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

• Bangalore

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

• no

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

• audio and video editing processing etc
  • Browsing
  • Desktop Processing
  • HTPC
  • Gaming
  • Watching HD movies

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Gaming - 1080p
  2. Desktop - 1080p

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

• No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 7 64 bit

need a monitor also ..this is for a friend.thanks guys

Hello,

Can you please be more specific on the audio and video editing requirement. If you are into serious music production, i really would recommend you to go to go for a iMac. Logic audio is by far the most flexible,powerful and stable DAW i have ever worked with. I dont have much experience with Video editing software but one thing that is given is Windows platform is waay to buggy for pro audio. Especially your audio drivers. Too much latency and stability issues. Can you please be more specific on your actual requirment.

Thanks

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

• non

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement

Need a good sound card as well which would do the job.
Intel i7 3770-18k
Gigabyte B75M D3H-4.5k
Gskill Ripjaws 4X4GB 1600mhz-7k
Seasonic S12II 620W-5000
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5000/-
saphire ati 7950 3gb-23k
logitec k200 keyboard mouse combo-rs 700
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~4000/-
Crucial M4 128GB SSD ~8500

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
final
Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

• Bangalore

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

• no

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

• audio and video editing processing etc
  • Browsing
  • Desktop Processing
  • HTPC
  • Gaming
  • Watching HD movies

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Gaming - 1080p
  2. Desktop - 1080p

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

• No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 7 64 bit

need a monitor also ..this is for a friend.thanks guys

Hello,

Can you please be more specific on the audio and video editing requirement. If you are into serious music production, i really would recommend you to go to go for a iMac. Logic audio is by far the most flexible,powerful and stable DAW i have ever worked with. I dont have much experience with Video editing software but one thing that is given is Windows platform is waay to buggy for pro audio. Especially your audio drivers. Too much latency and stability issues. Can you please be more specific on your actual requirment.

Thanks

For what its worth, I find Cakewalk Sonar on Windows an infinitely better and more productive experience than Logic Pro on OS X. Performance is ridiculously good in Windows 8 with practically zero latency and perfect stability. As for video work, it's simply no competition, the Mac platform is half a decade behind. The situation is especially poor with GPUs and the GDI is so archaic it fails to deal with more than 8-bit. On the other hand, being half a decade behind is not so bad if you are editing content that would have been around in 2008 - i.e. 1920x1080 AVCHD, If you are dealing with 4K, forget OS X and FCP. So, to the OP, make up your own mind.

Need it for church.. editing videos And sound tracks that our choir sings...

If your budget is fixed, then you may have to revise a few things (since you need the get the best sound card that you find)
- Go for an i5-3570 instead of an i7-3770
- Add a CPU cooler - Cooler Master Hyper Evo (this is better than the stock intel cooler & will serve you well - even if you never overclock)
- Get a good pair of Headphones (most essential for Audio/Video Editing) - Behringer

Sound Card:- This would constitute the most important component of your system. Are you also looking at "Capturing Audio Live"? So Inputs like MIDI; XLR; SPDIF; 3.5 or 6.3mm; Optical ? Years ago I used the Creative Audigy 2 Platinum (which had most of the above Inputs & served me well, however today - these come only in the professional series cards and are very expensive).
I cannot find any sound cards that are locally available ..... however will dig around (others may chip in)

Here are some Quality Audio Capture Cards - You will need to further check its availability + reviews
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile2496.html
plenty listed here from a reliable dealer in Mumbai - http://www.furtadosonline.com/productlisting-cat/Computer-interfaces-407.html |http://www.furtadosonline.com/productlisting-brand-cat/M-audio-84/Computer-interfaces-407.html

Cheers
Terry

Tagging pYe; @sidz2bt; cranky ..... esp after OP clarifies my Querry

When you say 'church', do you mean cathedral or a smaller area?

And is the cost of outboard equipment separate? Consoles, mics, cables, monitors...

Recording audio in a church is an extremely difficult proposition (if you are seeking some level of quality). Takes years to get the sound right because of the kind of acoustic space you have to deal with. I would recommend at least 8 inputs for some flexibility, 16 is better. The m-Audio Delta 1010LT is a decent starting point but you'll need more mic preamps. You can record some instruments direct into the console and feed the mix to the mains - bass and keyboard come to mind immediately.

You might want to spend some time at Gearslutz or PSW to get a bit of a hang on the best way to record the church is. A layout will help, and asking questions will help more. It may take a few recordings to get used to the best sound. It might not be possible to fit all of the equipment required to record a church choir inside even two times the budget you've indicated. Worship recording is a big subject and you will get a lot of more focused help there.

And in case you already are an expert recordist, all I can say is that even a very basic PC will do the job. Editing video is a mildly bigger challenge than recording audio, but it's nothing that a cheap quad-core can't handle. I would really suggest you focus on the capture equipment than the PC. I would say the 7950 and 3770 for example, are absolutely not required and a couple of good mics will be a far better investment because those will last long after the 3770 is long in the tooth. Most audio gear is validated on Intel motherboards, so I would suggest picking one even if you have disdain for the brand and their offerings. The quality of the power supplies and the RFI prevention is still very good on those, much better than the Tier 1 manufacturers. If you absolutely have to stay with Intel (AMD will get you a much cheaper platform and more than keep up for this kind of stuff) a basic i3 and a H61 LGA1155 board will work out just fine,

Over at the forums I mentioned you will see people using PCs we would laugh at on these ones, but they get great product out the door because they have invested wisely in the right equipment and prioritised their spends correctly. Your single sentence replies do not help at all to figure out what exactly your needs are and where the PC figures in all of this, so if you can provide some more info it would really be helpful. A couple of descriptive paragraphs, for example, outlining the situation, what equipment you have, the kind of skill levels that exist, and so on, would really help.

Back