Need Cooler Drain Plug

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I have a bajaj cooler bought 2.5yrs ago.
However, we use it only during summers and the yearly hot temp seems to have damaged its rubber drain plug by making it very hard.

So last night for the first time this season we used it, in the morning we realized the entire floor was scattered with water.
We suspected a crack somewhere on the body but upon inspection found that the drain plug was malfunctioning as water kept leaking through it. The rubber had became solid/hard with no elasticity and its tiny pieces were shedding off!

I'm unsure if its of a universal size.
I searched in almost six hardware shops around an none is aware as to where it can be available.

Its images:

1615312452537.png
1615312467775.png

Googled and found few but as I'm unsure about the size cannot risk ordering. Unsure if it will even fit it.

1615312698625.png

Lodging a case with Bajaj will be helpful but the service charge of 350 bucks + they might charge 50 bucks for this tiny thing. Not at all worthy spending 400 bucks for a mere 10 rupee thing!

Last edited:
Yes will be trying that along with the usual polythene bag/sheet thing but still require the proper thing..
Since most air coolers have them, mine is of a different make and it looks the same as yours, So I guess its a common spare. Best bet is to try calling the service center.

Since most air coolers have them, mine is of a different make and it looks the same as yours, So I guess its a common spare. Best bet is to try calling the service center.
2 day ago walked into vijay sales and they registered a complaint.
Today received a call from bajaj and as I already mentioned in first post, visiting charges 350 + plug charges 125. JOKE! 475 for a mere 30bucks stuff. ITs a daylight robbery LOOT!
I asked the guy to cancel his visit and I will instead visit his office and buy the part..

2 day ago walked into vijay sales and they registered a complaint.
Today received a call from bajaj and as I already mentioned in first post, visiting charges 350 + plug charges 125. JOKE! 475 for a mere 30bucks stuff. ITs a daylight robbery LOOT!
I asked the guy to cancel his visit and I will instead visit his office and buy the part..
Sadly that's the reality, even for my fridge compressor starter part ,the service guys quoted 2.3k+ which includes some 600 odd visting charges + 18% gst and on top of the spare part. I got the same part locally for 100 bucks and fixed it myself.

It wont be long before we have astronomical service charges like in the western countries like $100 for a visit.

Back